New animation

RuP3r

Question

7 answers to this question

Hard to say, it seems like some important planned features such as custom animations and improved custom object support are postponed in favour of easier but less crucial ones, like SWAT ropes or whatever. If I recall correctly, custom animations was originally intended to appear in MTA1.1 (perhaps even 1.0?), it was then postponed and re-listed for release in MTA1.2, and has apparently been postponed again since an incomplete MTA1.2 is going to be released soon.

So I guess you're probably looking at somewhere between MTA1.3 and never. The roadmap isn't as good an indication of development progress as it used to be.

Hard to say, it seems like some important planned features such as custom animations and improved custom object support are postponed in favour of easier but less crucial ones, like SWAT ropes or whatever. If I recall correctly, custom animations was originally intended to appear in MTA1.1 (perhaps even 1.0?), it was then postponed and re-listed for release in MTA1.2, and has apparently been postponed again since an incomplete MTA1.2 is going to be released soon.

So I guess you're probably looking at somewhere between MTA1.3 and never. The roadmap isn't as good an indication of development progress as it used to be.

+1

Post of the year

I should qualify my earlier post in saying that ccw has since put a great deal of time and effort into improving custom object support (LODs, released a few days after I posted that), and my sincere thanks go out to him for that. That is a major feature which, like custom animations, had been postponed for an extended period of time, but has now received the attention it deserves. Hopefully custom animations will be revisited at some point too, there's a lot of potential in that as well.

The comment regarding the roadmap is probably still valid, I think Talidan agreed that in recent times it hasn't been fully utilised the way it should have been, in keeping the community up to date on version progress. But that also seems to have been rectified, which is great to see.

But thanks for your kind words LooooP :P