Bandwidth report for 0.2

Guest Essentrix.net

I have a couple servers up and just began looking at the bandwidth utilization today and just wanted to report it. On our dallas MTA server, we are pushing about 3.5 mbit for a 26 player server. Here is a copy of the bandwith graph that I check to see what I'm using. I fired up the MTA server on this machine last night (as you can probably tell from the utilization) http://stlouis1.essentrix.net/sysinfo/bandwidth.png

About 90% of this traffic is MTA as there really isnt much else running on the machine. I verified it with a command line traffic analyzer and saw almost everything on port 2003. I was just curious if this was consistent with other people's findings. In comparison, a 20 player counter-strike server uses up about 500-700kb whereas MTA is closer to 3000-3500kb.

Thanks!

Shmack

Here are the totals in both kbits and kbytes:

Total rates: 3529.5 kbits/sec

Incoming rates: 443.8 kbits/sec

Outgoing rates: 2899.9 kbits/sec

Total rates: 429.6 kbytes/sec

Incoming rates: 60.3 kbytes/sec

Outgoing rates: 390.8 kbytes/sec

The in and out don't exactly match as the numbers were changing as I was cut and pasting them from the readout. Hope this helps?

-Shmack

Well I^posted on the server upload bandwidth problem still no real answer for the moment , but I think we are all far from what you stated just before the release of 0.2.

With 3/4 players I'm uploading at 10/15 kbytes/s to me it was the same requirement for 0.1 so i'm a bit confused on the improvement you made.

The usage is normal, I was running a 28 Player last night on a 100mbps connection and the usage was the same 450 - 500KBytes/s~ totally full.

The main difference between MTA and Counterstrike is MTA sends much more pps (packets per second) which you can understand why as in CS your just walking around, however in MTA your driving and changing your location in the game much much faster, also (I may be wrong here) doesn't MTA send data for the entire MAP instead of the users in the visible location?

If this was changed your see the data rates drop fantastically.

--Nick