PC COMBO QUESTION!

12p

From the users of MTA, I wanna know how much fast will MTA Client work with these:

Motherboard: Asus P5KC, Socket 775

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core E5700, 3.0 GHz, Socket 775

RAM: Kingston, 2 GB, DDR2, 533 MHz

Video: NVidia Geforce 6200 AX, 256 MB

Also, if I buy those things, can you suggest me what fan shall I buy?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget about that graphic card, buddy. $teal something better, :(

MTA is a bit heavier than SP because of all the stuff servers put in (images, those shaders, blabla), so you better use something at least like a 6800?

Or perhaps go to a 8600GT! It's not expensive nowadays (i found some for 8€...), and you'll be able to play MTA maxed out at a fairly good resolution (e.g. 1280x1024) with volumetric shadows on, just without AA.

But really, going to a 6200 is... I'd rather play Nascar Rumble 2000 on my cellphone, thanks.

Forget about that graphic card, buddy. $teal something better, :(

MTA is a bit heavier than SP because of all the stuff servers put in (images, those shaders, blabla), so you better use something at least like a 6800?

Or perhaps go to a 8600GT! It's not expensive nowadays (i found some for 8€...), and you'll be able to play MTA maxed out at a fairly good resolution (e.g. 1280x1024) with volumetric shadows on, just without AA.

But really, going to a 6200 is... I'd rather play Nascar Rumble 2000 on my cellphone, thanks.

Man, I don't play MTA with whole graphics, EVER. I'm fine with 256 MB.

In fact, I prefer 800x600 than 1280x768 by some reason.

Call me freak, but I still prefer it.

My video settings:

-800x600x16

-Medium Graphics.

-Draw Dist. 100%

-No volumetric shadows or grass effect.

-No filter.

-No antialiasing.

-Brightness 100% (windowed mode becomes darker xD)

With that, I can run MTA good unless the map is very much decorated (Vortex, for example).

Well, you might even go for an FX 5700, that´s an old card but if you find it for a good price... I still have one of these on my garage and they work perfectly for MTA at smooth fps. It´s basically able to max out GTA SA too, probably not completely, but since it´s better you could use your graphics in the way you want so you have the more fps possible. I believe it reaches 60 pretty easily. Make sure you DO NOT buy the "FX 5700 LE" version. The "real" one is just called "FX 5700".

There are still drivers for windows 7 and so on, so it has no problems with recent OSes.

But it depends if you are able to find one or not, could you tell us what graphic cards can you buy?

I'm not the most technichian.

Can you just tell me this: WHAT GENERATION IS IT? 2007?

Btw I use WinXP xD

Well... I cannot buy anything now (only the processor and the RAM). But I need to be sure about what I want, so I don't buy something that will not work with my espectations.

Edited by Guest
  • 1 month later...

I wouldn't trust a motherboard with the brand name "Colorful". Such an unknown brand name just screams cheap Chinese capacitors and poor quality control, but then again perhaps I'm wrong. The only way to find out is to buy it, heh.

But, if you decide to purchase anyway, any modern PCI-E graphics card will function in that motherboard.

this graphics card should be able to run MTA just fine, and its not that expensive either.

But if you are going to upgrade your computer, please save more money and buy the latest generation sandy bridge motherboards and CPU's, you won't regret that trust me.

As for RAM, 4gb sticks are very cheap nowadays.

I really don't care about running GTA using high graphics. I just wanna play it with decent FPS (30+), no matter the settings. For me, my NVidia Geforce 6200 AX does its work fine. I just need to change my processor to a dual-core one, and improve my RAM to a DDR2 with at least 1.5 GB (2 GB would be awesome :D), and I will be happy as there is no tomorrow ^^

So I need a new motherboard for that, and a cooler, if the processor doesn't include one.

Maybe this can be compared to that video card, Aero?

(spoiler spanish page)

http://pcfactory.cl/producto/1358-Video ... 512mb.DDR2

Model: Geforce 6200

Part no.: PV-T44A-YANG

Core freq.: 350MHz

Memory freq.: 533MHz

Memory: 512MB DDR2

Memory interface: 64 Bit

Supported DX: 9

Shader Model: 3.0

Supported OpenGL: 21.5

Resolutions:

1920 x 1200 DVI

2048x 1536 VGA

I really recommend getting a PCI-E card when buying a new computer, AGP is no longer supported.