VCPD Ideas...

Sillyhed2000

I reckon if people are actually gonna BE cops, then don't you think they should have access to some cool vehicles? Like, the higher the number of stars someone has, the better vehicles get unlocked at the police stations? Here's the basic outline:

Naturally, the “Star” system (how you get stars after you commit crimes) would have to be tweaked a bit.

If you committed a small crime, such as running a few people over, and got one star, nothing much would really happen. A star would appear above you head, and only cops that are within sight of you could realise that you’ve committed a crime.

If you had two stars, then fairly much the same thing would happen, except a small star would appear on the radar of any cops within a mile radius of you.

Three stars? Same thing happens, except the radius increases, and a bit more weaponry is unlocked in the police station. The helicopter appears at the top with the gun on the bottom. Keep in mind that the gun on the bottom isn’t very powerful, so this isn’t really an overkill.

At four stars, things really start to heat up. Swat vans are unlocked, and people who climb in it and act as the swat dudes automatically get some cool guns and uniforms! Detective cars also appear and whoever gets in them get dressed in casual clothes, except they have body armour and Uzi’s.

At five, the radius increases yet again, and helicopters appear with the marines that come down on ropes, which yet again will be players, but if it there is not enough people playing, it will simply be a few computer controlled dudes.

At six, well, lets just say anyone who is breaking the law and is the radius of the (single) tank that’s unlocked, will be dead very quickly. Heh. Anyway, yeah, a tank is unlocked as well a few of the big trucks that carry army dudes in the back.

At seven, that’s right, seven, another tank is unlocked as well as another 2 trucks. The star now appears on every cops radar no matter where they are.

At the last star, eight, which would be damn near impossible to get to, 2 kickass Apaches are unlocked, as well as another tank, and more weaponry appears in the cop shop.

Now you can see why people would be clambering to get on the cop’s side.

Remember that if a cop attacks someone for no reason (eg. They don’t have any stars), then he would also get a star. It would be harder for cops to get stars though, as when your racing through a back ally after a criminal going at 248 km/hr, you don’t really have time to slow down for pedestrians.

I think there would be enough police to make this work (if it was implemented) - for gods sake, there's already a seven page topic in the gangs section of the forum! :D

Anyway, that's the basic outline. What do you think? When police are just walking around normally they wouldn't be allowed to carry heavy weapons (that would kinda suck - instead of a high speed chase they could just use a single rocket :wink: ), and you would get more money if you "busted" someone rather than just killing them.

I'm not sure how hard this would be to implement though...

I kinda like this idea, but not just for the cops. I'm thinking that it should be for both sides. Here's what I'm thinking:

Both sides start off with no stars. When the robbers kill a certain amount of cops their stars increase. This allows them access to better weapons/cars (with increasing difficulty to gain higher stars of course).

At the same time, the cops have to knock off the robbers and they get stars by doing so, which also gives them more weapons/cars.

I think this would be cool because both sides would be fighting to get more powerful weapons/cars. It's almost like that teammode in some online FPS games (called "Domination" i think?) where the two teams have to try to change all of the flags to their color. Both sides are constantly struggling for advantage.

What do you all think about this idea?

i don't see how that means he's a noob or whatever, but i too like the idea :)

i'm not sure if you should use tanks tho, as nothing can take them out? unless you topple them tho, whoever was in it could easily decide, hang on, i don't like either side! and go crazy, unless you could make a weapon to take the tank out, and only allow it once the tank has been unlocked and it only has 3 shots and only one person can get it?

what a n00b

Spamtastic post, there. Well done.

*note to self: kick any player called "KomoSuraf" from my server"

Sounds a bit unecessary to me, all this extra stuff. These ideas are always "kewl" but they really don't add anything to the gameplay. More often than not, they'll make the game less fun because it's the FREEDOM of the GTA series which makes it so great.

Sounds a bit unecessary to me, all this extra stuff. These ideas are always "kewl" but they really don't add anything to the gameplay. More often than not, they'll make the game less fun because it's the FREEDOM of the GTA series which makes it so great.

...which is exactly why it would be a game MODE. duh :D jus' kiddin'

So if enough people thought the idea was cool, maybe it could be a little extra...you know, once MTA starts allowing additional maps to be run and such. Of course the original freestyle game would remain, that IS the best part!

I kinda like this idea, but not just for the cops. I'm thinking that it should be for both sides. Here's what I'm thinking:

Both sides start off with no stars. When the robbers kill a certain amount of cops their stars increase. This allows them access to better weapons/cars (with increasing difficulty to gain higher stars of course).

At the same time, the cops have to knock off the robbers and they get stars by doing so, which also gives them more weapons/cars.

I think this would be cool because both sides would be fighting to get more powerful weapons/cars. It's almost like that teammode in some online FPS games (called "Domination" i think?) where the two teams have to try to change all of the flags to their color. Both sides are constantly struggling for advantage.

What do you all think about this idea?

Yeah, that's awesome! As for tanks being too powerful, maybe they would be on a timer, or even better, once the person inside died (by being shot through the slit in the front) the tank caught on fire?

And yes,once MTA gets advanced enough to start running different styles of play etc, people could choose whether they wanted to play this or not. After all, all-out war isn't for everyone :wink: