'Q' about MTA Official Servers (wojjie.net)

Nomad

I've mostly played on the servers spamped with "MTA Official Server (MTA:VC 0.#) - http://www.wojjie.net" since MTAVC 0.1. I've always had a little nagging question in the back of my mind that I've just shrugged off.

But since the release of MTAVC 0.2, that nagging little question has gotten a lot louder.

Are the "Official MTA" servers actualy monitered by an admin at any time at all? I ask this question now of all times because I just ran into another fist cheese that likes to "refresh" his health when it gets too low.

I've been running into more and more players that seem to like this "technique" of playing. And on most occasions, I'm not the only one to notice this about a specific player.

I'm not talking about packet loss either. Not some 2 health bar drop, then back to full, and he blips back a few feet in the middle of a fight.

I'm talking about a good 2 minute battle, his health slowly dropping down to 1 or 2 bars, than BAM, back to 100% green. No possition blips, skips, jumps or fluctuation in his, or my ping. Very frustrating.

If these servers are "running free", does anyone know of a good server that has staff on atleast some of the time? I would very much like to find a playing environment with some authority on standby should a genuine situation warrent it.

Thanx for taking the time to read this.

Every server advertised in #mta-servers on the mta ircd has reachable admin, including the official servers. No we do not sit monitoring them 24 hours a day, we do however spring into prompt investigation and take any action necessary when someone REPORTS a problem.

The Official Servers are also just not up to be monitored, but they are also up to provide a permanent place for people to play.

Servers come and go extremely often and we wanted to set up a few dedicated Servers that are always online.

I love the official servers, especialy CA #2. I've made quite a few friends on that one server alone. Alot of good games. It just kinda bites when some turd comes on with the intention of screwing with the others fun. Especialy those that do it for an hour, then admit they were cheating, laugh, then leave the server.

Now that I know there is a way for me to have a problem looked into, my mind is at ease.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I also have the same problem as condition red.

I hit connect, and connection timed out. On all the servers listed on this site.

Also the "game" box is grayed and i cant change it.

and I do own the game btw.

If someone could list the CA sites that whould be great.

I have read that Party server is a good place, but im still looking for the ip for that as well.

Yeah I just saw the link to the server list, I must be going blind :roll::shock::roll: .

I will check out that ase (heh ASE, Automotive Service Excellence, anyway) thing. Hopefuly there is no charge, like the evil :evil: GameSpy :evil:

Thanks for your responce.

• 2 weeks later...

This was an old topic bump...

PartyServer has almost 24/7 admin support...

The officials used to be the place to play and they did have admin support.. I would know I was one of them

These days wojjie has lessened the amount of player slots it provides and the private servers make up loss by far I think...

Shop around if you like a server with admin support and you like the rules stay if not leave... Some admin kick for helikills some don't etc... It looks like there will be no shortage of options in version 0.5

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I've been getting the teams attention about the officials being down or messed up or especially being completely without admins. The admin thing is because MrBump is offline (lost internet), along with his admin scripts running for the servers.

The team contacted Wojjie and got the servers back in working condition!

67.19.87.236:2003 GTA3 - Shoreside

67.19.87.237:2003 Vice City - Deathmatch

67.19.87.238:2003 Vice City - Stunt

I know Partyserver is the only server that has the excellent pings in USA (VC Deathmatch especially), so this should make some of you happy that the monopoly won't exist anymore. Especially since you won't be forced to play on a gang-run server (as the environment is much different when an entire gang has access to admin and runs a server). Most importantly however is

A. Partyserver is usually dead for daytime (US)

B. Some people have computers that dont work well with the max 26 players. They can play much easier with 12-14.

We (the mods) are talking with the team now about setting up admin/running admin. I am for running the same stuff Partyserver runs, not the caps kick and stuff that mrbump had.

If KFC is reading this... plz contact Nutz/KFG, and have them talk to IJs, me, or someone else about using the scripts that are used on your server, if you'd be willing to help.

If KFC is reading this... plz contact Nutz/KFG, and have them talk to IJs, me, or someone else about using the scripts that are used on your server, if you'd be willing to help.

I can help out with scripts, I run the GTA3 Gservers.nl servers with some nice scriptage. (And I make my own scripts, so i may be able to create some specially for the official servers) :D