[REL] ResourceZipper

50p

Since it's time to go sleep, I'll make it quick:

Quick description:

This is a very small addition to MTA:SE. It's a resource zipper. Basically, it reads meta.xml from the resource that you dropp onto the application and zips the resource. The ready to be release resource (.zip) will be saved in the resource folder that you dropped on the ResourceZipper.exe

This is STAND ALONE application. That means, the MTA:SE has nothing that will let you zip the resources from within MTA:SE itself. It will be in the future release though. Stay tuned.

There are no screenshots needed since it's just a simple console application.

Installation:

Extract the files to MTA:SE folder since this app uses MTA:SE libraries.

Usage:

Drag and drop the resource folder that you want to compress/zip and everything will be .zipped in a split second. You will get message confirming that resource was zipped successfully.

Temp download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yvid91m5xub91n6

Any, errors/crashes, please let me know about them, since I've had a few but I fixed them quickly and shouldn't occur any more but if you find any bugs, let me know. Thank you.

Thank you. I just wanted to know if it works for everyone. I've integrated this in MTA:SE already and it seems to work perfectly fine. I think I've also got rid of some annoying crashes too ("I think" because they have never occurred to me before).

BTW, there is a command argument for the ResourceZipper.exe (-silent) to let the user zip the resource without having any messages showing up in the console and the zipper closes by itself after zipping but it has no use as it is a stand-alone app and it's easier to zip resources just by dropping the folder onto the ResourceZipper.exe

Stay tuned, there are some new features in MTA:SE!

Does SE works now with 1.1 ?

Well, it works for me now :P At the moment I'm fixing the bugs and adding new features. Stay tuned, there are a few changes in the next release (which will be 0.3). I want to get it released as soon as possible since I've noticed less and less people use it since MTA 1.1 release. I don't want to release it half-finished. I want to polish it as much as possible.

I am a total retard. how am I supposed to use it?

....:::: ResourceZipper by 50p ::::....

Zipping resource:

C:\Users\austin\Desktop\http\mods-system

There was a problem with zipping the resource:

at ZipResource.ResourceZipper.Zip(String resourcePath)

at ResourceZipper.Program.Main(String[] args)

I am a total retard. how am I supposed to use it?

....:::: ResourceZipper by 50p ::::....

Zipping resource:

C:\Users\austin\Desktop\http\mods-system

There was a problem with zipping the resource:

at ZipResource.ResourceZipper.Zip(String resourcePath)

at ResourceZipper.Program.Main(String[] args)

Did you drag'n'drop 1 resource or entire resources folder? If you want to zip all the resources, you have to do it 1 by 1 because this was made to release 1 resource which you want to release.

Please, do not triple post!

The primary goal here was to be able to get all the resources zipped very fast and effectively. Not to compress just the client side files.

The primary goal for this tool was to zip resources but one by one. Yes, it compresses all the files that are included in meta.xml. I suppose your "http\mods-system\" has a meta.xml in it. Try to use different path (without "-" in it), it shouldn't be a problem though.

could it be that my SE doesnt work either?

I think it might be caused by some .dll's that this tool relies on. If it doesn't work, please wait for new MTA:SE which will have integrated zipper.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you know anything about having an x64 bit?

x64 what? I run Windows 7 x64 and I don't have any issues. Maybe I have changed some things in some .dlls that have to be updated. I'm not going to update any .dlls that are used by MTASE until I release new MTASE (which will be 0.3).