SA:RPG[News Topic] | Looking for future testers.

unknooooown

Question

BX92L.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE USE:

http://sarpg.tumblr.com/ FROM NOW ON!

Comments in this topic will still be read

11/18/2011 - A new chance for the project!

I finally got in touch with one of my old friends from my time @ 3DCollege Denmark.

After telling him about the project, showing him the work and progress he was willing to offer me some help.

The guy is a VERY talented designer/gfx artist, so adding him to the team will be a huge help to us.

He is gonna be the guy that designs our final gui and other gfx elements of the server.

With him on the team, we can also take the gfx to the next level, so things will look really like.

You can have a look at his work below.

http://artbyahm.blogspot.com/

Please stay tuned!

This topic will be updated everytime there is something new to tell.

11/17/2011 - Short Server Intro

I am currently scripting an RPG server and very soon, I am gonna need some decent testers to help me out.

I have been working on this project for a little over 4 months now. And I finally feel like having some people on the server to help me test its performance. I have never had more than 4 players online at a time, because the project has been kinda secret up until now. Almost all of the resources on the server have been created by me, very few resources like realdriveby, scoreboard and adminpanel are official resources that I have used.

I am the only person that really works on making the server. So I am behind the scripting, designing of GUI, research, custom sounds and most of the hard work. I am lucky enough to have 2 people to help me with the stuff that really takes a long time, like finding the correct positions around the world, select models, basic testing and so on.

If you want to help me out, please send me a private message so we can have a talk.

When you have contacted me, we will have a talk, and I will explain what I want you to do, and of course get to know if, and see if I can use you. I dont want to sound like a douche when I say that, but the truth is, there are a lot of retards around :lol:

Server Description:

Coming soon.

The server is still under development!

I do not expect it to go online before sometime in march/april next year.

To do list:

• Server:
    - Optimize all existing resources for better server performance.
    Client:
    - Make a final version of the custom GUI.
    - Replace all GUIs with custom GUI.
    Gameplay:
    - Add jobs/occupations to all classes.
    - Rewrite the Wanted System Resource(Scripted in a hurry)
    - Create Fun Zones*1 for all teams.
    - Make a custom chatwindow for server/combat/reward messages.*5
    - Rewrite Transport Resource*2(Scripted in a hurry)
    - Optimize Aircraft Passenger Resource*3
    - Add interiors. Bank, more Food Stores
    - Add more Pay N Spray in LV
    - Add "Owner"*4 icon to properties
    - Optimize Experience/Level system
    - Add Talent Point System
    - Add Perks
    - Optimize(or)Rewrite Vehicle Dealer Resource.

List is not complete!

*1Fun Zones - Area where players can relax and have fun with other players from their own team.

*2Transport Resource - A resource that lets players with the "Transport" class, earn money if they carry passengers in a vehicle.

*3Aircraft Passenger Resource - A resource that lets big planes like, Shamal and AT-400, carry passengers, and give the pilot money in return.

*4"Owner" icon - A icon that only the owner of a propery will be able to see. He can use this icon to access control of his property, to set spawnpoint, spawn vehicles, check atm(if there is one at the property)

*5 Custom ChatBox - This is currently being developed by Remi-X. Thanks for the support!

Videos:

Property Creator(Admin Tool):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0hLdEH5u0c - :!: Watch from 0:50 :!:

Some of the resources at work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXcsik4zTk

Video Info:

I know the videos look very Movie Maker'ish.. And well.. Thats because they are :P

Haven't really got the time to create something that looks really good, because the server is still under development, so there is really no need for it. Better looking videos will be added later.

Screenshots:

Coming soon.

Before the end:

Thanks to all the people on #mta and #mta.scripting for their help. (Remi-X - You da' man!)

I wouldnt have been able to learn this much, this fast, without their help.

Started scripting 6 months ago, so I have learned a lot very fast. But it has been worth the effort!

And even if you dont want to help me test the server, any feedback is still welcome! :D

BX92L.png

Edited by Guest

11 answers to this question

Seems like you're putting big effort on your server.

I wanna be a tester :D

I really am. I am 110% committed to the project :wink:

I want to work with scripting sometime in the future, so the main reason I do this, is for the learning.

But of course also because I know that people and myself can have a lot of fun on the server for years to come :P

Drop me a private line Benxamix2, so I dont forget about you :)

It’s not every day that we get to see the start of something new. Early stages show that this looks a promising project. I’ve been around the community for years. By any chance if you do need testers then I will raise a hand.

Good luck with it.

It’s not every day that we get to see the start of something new. Early stages show that this looks a promising project. I’ve been around the community for years. By any chance if you do need testers then I will raise a hand.

Good luck with it.

Thank you a lot Z3RB1AN.

I appreciate your support :-)

I am taking a break from the server this week, but I will return to work this sunday.

Could you drop me a line in private so I dont forget about you? :)

EDIT

Same goes for you TheD4N13L. If you're still interested.

@Benxamix2 (The Kid) - I will probably have a look at it. Not sure if I will use any of it, but looking never hurts.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have not forgot about this project.

I just need a break after looking at the same code for 4-5 months now.

12/4/2011

Project is still alive!