MTA Citizen Mod

history90

Well me and my friend are looking for a mod that is like normal single player, but he can join into it (dont need missions) im just looking for mod with citizens, cops. like ps2 when you can coop. If there is already an existing mod then this would be geat.

Hope you understand me.

Thank you.

There's no such script released and that's good because if it was made and released, many servers would start using it and originality would be ruined again.

What bad about many servers haveing the mod... It would be great for real life modes.

The script you are asking for does indeed exist, it was originally made by lil_Toady, however it has never been released.

The script did require a LOT from the server, and crashed the server quickly because mta wasnt able of handling so many peds at the same time.

There's no such script released and that's good because if it was made and released, many servers would start using it and originality would be ruined again.

What bad about many servers haveing the mod... It would be great for real life modes.

No. It wouldn't be great if half of the servers used the same NPC traffic script. Lack of variety makes the game boring.

The script you are asking for does indeed exist, it was originally made by lil_Toady, however it has never been released.

The script did require a LOT from the server, and crashed the server quickly because mta wasnt able of handling so many peds at the same time.

Well maibe someone could fix / or create new one, wich would not make server crash. If it would be released then it would be one of the best scripts.

Think about it. Real life server with ped cops + player cops and for criminals harder to escape from the police (since roads will have cars).

btw that lil_Toady script, is it able to handle like 3 people on server or does it crash with only 1 or 0 players on it (Admin).

Well maibe someone could fix / or create new one, wich would not make server crash. If it would be released then it would be one of the best scripts.

Yea we know. I could do it but I don't want to :P

BUT SHOULDN'T BE RELEASED EVER!!!

No offense, but noob-scripting people don't deserve to have such "complex" and self-working scripts.

Edited by Guest

): could you fix it and then mail it to me? I wont post it public or anythink like that. i would just play for lan server, since its boring with 2 or 3 players on it...

): could you fix it and then mail it to me? I wont post it public or anythink like that. i would just play for lan server, since its boring with 2 or 3 players on it...

No, sorry.

You could pay for that script. Ask someone experienced.

OR YOU COULD LEARN TO SCRIPT :D

We need seriously more good scripters around here :(

No, sorry.

You could pay for that script. Ask someone experienced.

OR YOU COULD LEARN TO SCRIPT :D

We need seriously more good scripters around here :(

Where can i learn to script. And does it take long to learn?

Depends.

For me, to script a RP server from scratch with character system plus a beauty animated GUI now took me 3 days. I have 1 year experience. Take that as reference.

You can get started in the following links:

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Resources

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Scr ... troduction

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Debugging

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Int ... ng_the_GUI

In https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Main_Page you can find all the reference you need - functions examples, functions syntax, useful functions, about variables, etc.

And you can ask for help at viewforum.php?f=91.

Edited by Guest

Why not to make peds render, like entities on Minecraft?!?!?!?

Well, chunks of 16x16x(currentZAxis)^2). It creates the peds only in that "chunk". If 2 is nearby the same chunk, in same of 16^2x16^2x((currentZAxis)^2)^2, 16x16x(currentZAxis^2)^2. When the ped goes out that "chunk", syncher stops on that entity and goes to create another ped, in the begging of the chunk, in the specified path.

That way this can be fixed making a function, for scripting, maybe:

toggleNPC(bool, [path = int, canDrive = bool])

Try to do it ;)

Well, i don't know C++. But if people knowd to make glue script, with that mathematics

local px, py, pz = getElementPosition(getLocalPlayer()) 
                    local vx, vy, vz = getElementPosition(vehicle) 
                    local sx = px - vx 
                    local sy = py - vy 
                    local sz = pz - vz 

local rotpX = 0 
                    local rotpY = 0 
                    local rotpZ = getPedRotation(getLocalPlayer()) 

local rotvX,rotvY,rotvZ = getElementRotation(vehicle) 

local t = math.rad(rotvX) 
                    local p = math.rad(rotvY) 
                    local f = math.rad(rotvZ) 

local ct = math.cos(t) 
                    local st = math.sin(t) 
                    local cp = math.cos(p) 
                    local sp = math.sin(p) 
                    local cf = math.cos(f) 
                    local sf = math.sin(f) 

local z = ct*cp*sz + (sf*st*cp + cf*sp)*sx + (-cf*st*cp + sf*sp)*sy 
                    local x = -ct*sp*sz + (-sf*st*sp + cf*cp)*sx + (cf*st*sp + sf*cp)*sy 
                    local y = st*sz - sf*ct*sx + cf*ct*sy 

local rotX = rotpX - rotvX 
                    local rotY = rotpY - rotvY 
                    local rotZ = rotpZ - rotvZ 

I don't know if scripting guru's will not know to do that :)

Why not? It would be a great contribution to the community itself.

Why not? It would be a great contribution to the community itself.

I see nothing great in having one more script used by hundreds of servers. It may be more fun to play in such servers when the script gets released, but seeing it used everywhere people would soon get tired of it.

Try to do it ;)

Well, i don't know C++. But if people knowd to make glue script, with that mathematics

I don't know if scripting guru's will not know to do that :)

the math is not a problem at all...

problem is within syncing the elements that have no syncer (long range syncing) and efficiency

ignoring:

-vehicles

-long range syncing

-advanced world interactions

we got this:

function createPedBot(model,x,y,z,rot,tim) 
    local ped = createPed(model,x,y,z) 
    setPedRotation(ped,rot) 
    setPedAnimation(ped,"ped","WALK_civi") 
    setTimer(pedHandler,tim,1,ped,tim,rot) 
end 
 function pedHandler(ped,tim,rot) 
    rot = rot + 180 
    if rot > 360 then rot = rot - 360 end 
    setPedRotation(ped,rot) 
    setPedAnimation(ped,"ped","WALK_civi") 
    setTimer(pedHandler,tim,1,ped,tim,rot) 
 end 

and example below will create 4 peds on Torenos ranch

createPedBot(1,-702,957,13,0,5000) 
 createPedBot(2,-721,975,13,90,10000) 
 createPedBot(265,-726,923,13,180,15000) 
 createPedBot(266,-704,957,13,270,8000) 

-it is efficient so it should be possible to add hundrets with no lag

it is synced, but there may be some teleporting peds (especially when they are far away), and they may eventually wander of

I see nothing great in having one more script used by hundreds of servers. It may be more fun to play in such servers when the script gets released, but seeing it used everywhere people would soon get tired of it.

There are already hundreds of servers running DM mode whats original of that like every shooter game has it...

And they are still popular

This doesn't happen in the latest MTA versions, right? my server never crashed even with vehicles and peds resource running at same time.