Area 51 Gates

Baingo

Bear in mind that custom object support in MTA is still pretty buggy, so you may experience intermittent texture failure or the col reverting to original when streamed out and in again (I think there is a scripting fix for that one though).

Welcome to the aforementioned col problems, caused by your object replacement reverting to original col. CapY's comments are unrelated to the difficulties you're facing.

What you are experiencing is caused by the bounding box of your new col differing from the bounding box of the original (in this case, unavoidable). In this situation, when the pivot (usually a point at the 'centre', in most cases, which takes your X/Y/Z coords) of the object is no longer on-screen, the entire object will disappear. So that is why from some angles the correct object is visible, while from other angles (where pivot is off-screen) it disappears, even though parts should still be visible to you.

Unfortunately this problem is quite common in object replacement. Often it will work fine when the object is streamed in the first time, but fails if it is streamed out (player travels away) and back in again (player returns). Here's hoping custom object functionality gets a bit more attention in the near future :P

As quoted above, there is a way of 'fixing' it through scripting, but that is outside my field of expertise.

Bear in mind that custom object support in MTA is still pretty buggy, so you may experience intermittent texture failure or the col reverting to original when streamed out and in again (I think there is a scripting fix for that one though).

Welcome to the aforementioned col problems, caused by your object replacement reverting to original col. CapY's comments are unrelated to the difficulties you're facing.

@Oz Then, that's modeling problem.

@Baingo

function ReplaceObject ( ) 
txd = engineLoadTXD( "world/a52_ext.txd" ) 
col = engineLoadCOL( "world/remover.col" ) 
dff = engineLoadDFF( "world/des_a51infenc.dff", 0 ) --modelid is everytime 0, when you replace no vehicle 
engineImportTXD( txd, 16094 ) 
engineReplaceCOL( col, 16094 ) 
engineReplaceModel( dff, 16094 )-- replace the model at least   
end 
addCommandHandler( "replace", ReplaceObject ) 

I'm not sure if this gonna work, i just did the script simplier, the rest of the things is your problem(discuss about that with Oz)

Damn alright I might just have to live with it. Thanks for the time and effort you guys have put into helping me with this. I've seen this on another server, might try asking the host see if he can help me. I'll just work on other stuff in the meantime.

As quoted above, there is a way of 'fixing' it through scripting, but that is outside my field of expertise.

I may be able to help

This may or may not work as I'm not able to test it (and I don't remember exactly how I did it before). You'll need to get the exact coordinates and rotation of the fence object with a map editor (not the MTA editor) like MEd. Then fill in the coordinates and rotation in line 1 in the script below.

--clientside

local fencing = createObject(16094, xCoordinate, yCoordinate, zCoordinate, xRotation, yRotation, zRotation) -- create a fence in the same position as the old fence to use for a stream element for the model replacement 
-- you can get the object's exact coordinates and rotation by using a GTA map editor called MeD 
setElementAlpha(fencing, 0) -- make the fence you created invisible so you won't see it twice once the new objects are streamed in 
function replaceTheFence() -- create our function to replace the model, textures and col 
    fenceTXD = engineLoadTXD("world/a52_ext.txd") --load your TXD 
    fenceCOL = engineLoadCOL("world/remover.col") --load your COL 
    fenceDFF = engineLoadDFF("world/des_a51infenc.dff", 0) --load your DFF 

engineImportTXD(fenceTXD, 16094) -- import and replace the TXD textures 
    engineReplaceCOL(fenceCOL, 16094) -- replace the COL 
    engineReplaceModel(fenceDFF, 16094) -- replace the DFF 
    engineSetModelLODDistance(16094, 1000) -- set the LOD distance so the object won't disappear once you move slightly away 
end 
addEventHandler("onClientElementStreamIn", fencing, replaceTheFence) -- create an event handler to replace the models when the fence object you created is streamed in