Disconnected: Client Disconnected. (Delay = 10 sec)

Guest CiscoKid

dude wtf, cant YOU READ!!?!?

argg.....sjunf

HERE GOD DAMNIT ILL POINT IT OUT TO U SINCE YOUR BLIND

MTA:VC 0.2 DOES NOT work with Win9x based kernels!

Thats includes Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, and yes, im sorry, but even Windows 3.11 wont work.

NO MORE QUESTIONS FROM YOU

if u have a router set up then thats ur problem...u have to go to ur routers website and find out how to enable DMZ for ur router...i have a SMC router so i had to go to http://www.smc.com and follow instrutions and i had to enable my firewall before i could enable DMZ.......what is DMZ u ask...it allows two-way comunication threw ur router so u can play on MTA.....its that easy....i had this problem b4 and someone told me to this and i did and now it works perfectly fine....(i.e no disconnection.) I fu still want some help PM me or e-mail....

FoDoR

dude wtf, cant YOU READ!!?!?

argg.....sjunf

HERE GOD DAMNIT ILL POINT IT OUT TO U SINCE YOUR BLIND

MTA:VC 0.2 DOES NOT work with Win9x based kernels!

Thats includes Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, and yes, im sorry, but even Windows 3.11 wont work.

NO MORE QUESTIONS FROM YOU

Is MTA will work on win 9x sometime?

i dunno, so far, MTA:VC 0.2 will not work with 9x. maby some day theyll make 1 for 9x.

if u have 9x, it wont work riht now. it might work for a few seconds or mins, but ull eventually get disconnected for no reason. stop asking. enabling dmz WONT FIX IT. YOU DONT HAVE TO. I DONT HAVE TO. all it will do is open you up to the internet. disabling dmz protected me from getting the RPC DCOM exploit and the w32.blaster.worm virus. dmz is bad!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Timeouts will be reduced when 0.3.1 Server is released, especially client crc timeout.

hi,

i understand it has to do with the fact that UDP packets dont alow re-transmission like TCP-packets...therefore anything based on UDP code could be seen as 'unreliable'...especially *not* on a LAN but on the internet....

Q: are you planning to re-write the netcode so it uses TCP (or gets more reliable another way) ? How woudl that affect performance ? Iheard TCP could be almsot 3 times slower than UDP... BUT....you dont want to know how many games i played already and 99,9% of these games i get disconnected without an end..i think from 100 games i played ony 4 or so i ever stayed longer than 10 minutes...i really 'pray' that the disconnect/CRC/timout issue gets solved.....

And..regarding the 10sec delay...ironic..because yesterday i witnessed one of the server floods....so obviously the 10 sec delay cannot prevent this...

*) AND....why does ASE still provide the wrong IPs for the two main servers ????? Only after lresearching a bit i figured out that the IPs are actually wrong...

greetings

We are not planning to do any more major changes to the current netcode. Only minor tweaks.

The major re-write will take in to consideration lag and all the other problems so the outcome should be a far superior netcode where lag / timeouts are kept to a strict minimum.

About the 10 Sec Delay.. You may have noticed a 0.3.1 server on ASE yesterday, this was a test server to see if any bugs remain in the upcoming release. They do, so work will carry on to fix then - shouldn't be long though.

This new server will incorporate flood prevention and a good job I might add.

No idea about the ASE IP Problem, I guess this is ASE's problem - Not Ours.

We are not planning to do any more major changes to the current netcode. [...]

The major re-write will take in to consideration lag and all the other problems so the outcome should be a far superior netcode where lag / timeouts are kept to a strict minimum.

hi,

first you say 'dont plan majow changes' just to say (in the next line) '...far superior netcode"....anyway...however you do it, by tweaking or whatever...i am looking forward since (as of right now) MTA:VC is unplayable for me.

To a point where i just give up frustrated since i am so frustrated by the disconnects.

I also think that only a verhy small percentage of disconnects is actualy the CRC disconnects.....most of them are just 'normal' disconnetcs.

I THINK i noticed that most of the timeout/disconnects happen when there's a full server and i go into action where is a number of people on the screen...like 5 or 6.... and full servers (like goonies or the two officials)...my average stay time is like 8 mins...only in very rare circumstances (maybe with a server where is only a 5 people on or so) i can play longer.

Then the otehr problem, the crashes where i dont now when they happen. They are rare, but in addition with the disconnects just add to the non-playability.

Btw. i am also kinda confused...MTA0.4 70%... MTA:VC 100%..MTA 0.4 core..10%

what is the core ? Is MTA.04 == MTA:VC 04 ??? Right now i am only interested in the next version of MTA:VC, which (IMHO) most people play...i

• 2 weeks later...