zipping resources HELP

austech360

I need help with zipping resources. I am the scripter of an RP server. and as you may know, in roleplay servers. there are MILLIONS of files. and hundreds of resources. How do I zip the contents of the folders. without having the path.

So.

zip.zip

contents of resource

instead, what I get is.

zip.zip

folder

contents of resource.

Anyone know how to do this on windows or linux?

Windows should be able to zip files by itself: select all the files/folders IN your resource folder, right click > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder

It will zip the files that you don't want to zip. For instance, you may have images in a folder with photoshop document which you don't have to zip, it will just make the .zip larger.

Currently, I'm working on that feature in MTASE but I can't say when it'll come out since I want to fix as many bugs as possible before I release it. So, I don't want to suggest to wait for the new MTASE release.

Windows should be able to zip files by itself: select all the files/folders IN your resource folder, right click > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder

It will zip the files that you don't want to zip. For instance, you may have images in a folder with photoshop document which you don't have to zip, it will just make the .zip larger.

Currently, I'm working on that feature in MTASE but I can't say when it'll come out since I want to fix as many bugs as possible before I release it. So, I don't want to suggest to wait for the new MTASE release.

well, dont keep unrelated/unneeded files in resource folder.

Well, .psd files are better to be kept in the same folder as the images created from them for easy access. This is what I usually do. I might actually make a little tool to .zip the resources before I release the new MTASE.

EDIT:

I created a little tool for zipping resources. Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=37236

I hope it works (because it works for me) and it is what you're after. Enjoy ;)