Need some help on housing system

jkub

Okay so I know there are a couple versions of a house system available on the community but for my new server I want to use resources I make instead of downloading them all from the community. I understand this has been done a handful of times but I have my own take on this that hopefully when it gets done is a bit more original. Basically I have the complex layout and structure for my housing system resource complete, I've made the GUI and all the buttons/functions in it work. I can create "properties" using it. Since I don't know shit about SQL I am using XML to save information regarding properties created and owned in the server. I do understand once players start using it the XML file will rapidly grow in file size but I'm just not ready for SQL so I want to keep it a bit easier on myself until I figure out SQL.

When a house is created a pickup is placed on the property and that pickup is placed in a table along with the other ones. My main problem is I have no idea how to correctly figure out which pickup is hit when a player walks over a pickup. If I did I also don't know the proper way of storing the data (teleport locations,passwords etc...) on each pickup. Its hard to explain.

Here is how the script enters in the XML data:

Here is an example of how I am currently defining the pickups, markers and data. I can't seem to get this to work correctly.

properties[i]["pickup"] = createPickup ( pickupX, pickupY, pickupZ + 0.5, 3, 1272, 1000 ) 
properties[i]["pickupTeleX"] = node_coord_ent_tele_x  
properties[i]["pickupTeleY"] = node_coord_ent_tele_y  
properties[i]["pickupTeleZ"] = node_coord_ent_tele_z