What would you like to see in a "Zombie" style server?

Alan.Alexander

Question

Me and a friend of mine have been playing for a while and we've both decided that since we know HOW to make a server of our own, that we will, and I wasn't too bothered about what kind of server so my friend decided a "Zombie" style server.

So, my question for everyone is simple, what features would YOU personally like to see in a Zombie themed server?

And what ones would you like to NOT see as well?

Of course, there will be zombies, so please, no smart-arse replies like that. :P

So yeah, please lemme know what you'd like to see (or not see as the case may be) and all input/replies are appriciated.

8 answers to this question

Few thing i would like to see:

Different kinds of zombies (as said before)

More survival stuff - you need to find food in shops etc to survive

Most cars have low fuel - you need to find fuel

Faster zombies so it´s more challenge

More story - f.ex if you enter you can watch how all this happened

Different spawning types - f.ex i would like to see army troops - thugs (which would rob food etc from others) - scientists (which are in a bunker with some challenge of doing anti-zombie medicine)

If you shoot from a gun, the other zombies will take notice and run to you (makes killing with a silencer or bat much more usable)

Something that will get people to join groups - even a group system which will share the resources they will find and groups will find stuff faster if they are big (so people will join groups)

If you are attacked by zombie and "killed" you won´t lie.. you will become one of em

Might be unrealistic idea´s but i would love to see that.

faster zombies are already possible with the resource, and zombies being attracted to gunshots are already part of the zombie script.

What I enjoy seeing in zombie servers is goals for players, or missions. Something to do while the zombies are around raher than just have the only activity ingame to be going around and killing zombies.

such as:

-random supply drops that players have to reach

-gather fuel and supplies

-rescue trapped survivors (find non zombie peds and save them)

-build walls around areas and clear out zombies to reclaim land

-drive around in suped up death cars to mow zombies down with

Well, sometimes when you go to a zombie server, you see something like 30 zombies around you. I would like this:

When you go to an Interior, somewhere like a 24/7, it's full of zombies. Another thing I would like, is to have interactivity with the zombies, not only when you kill them, I mean, a zombie that it's crying in a side of a street, I get near it and that zombie stands up and starts fighting with me.

That's a little suggestion, hope your work is successfully.

Well, if I were seeking out a great zombie game with Zombie NPCs playing a large role then I'd probably skip GTA altogether & go play Resident Evil or whatever. So I recommend focusing more on the idea itself rather than its appearance or appeal to other zombie games out there. For instance, I loved the idea of invisible zombies (Radar Map) running around with the chainsaw as its primary weapon. Players were easily able to kill off zombies unless of course they don't see them coming & fall to the one shot kill chainsaw of a stealthy zombie. If it were more about NPCs though rather than Player Vs Player, then I might not have played previous GTA:SA Zombie Servers as much

Then of course come new additions once the basic format of your zombie server is made out such as food, fuel and various other survival equipment. Missions also boost the entertainment of any type of server whether it is DM, TDM, RP, Military, Zombie & so on...

I'd say the ability to create barricades would be my #1 thing I'd like to see. The ability to make a small fort (walls at least) to keep an small area safe or create a safehouse would be phenomenal, or perhaps a barricade across an alley or street.

#2: Remember the "Gang Wars" bit of the story? What about that, but with zombies? Kill so many zombies, the section is (reasonably) safe and it'll come under attack sometime in the future. But certain sections are impossible to make safe, like the more populous areas of the cities.

#3: Ammo-scavenging, maybe just re-spawning weapons/ammo in certain areas (like a safehouse) to keep it simple.

#4: How about actual seats in the back of pickup trucks so someone can drive, and others can shoot? Or with the flatbed to create a mobile base?