[Alpha] [GM] VenuX: Roleplay

AeroXbird

rr11tc.png

VenuX: Roleplay is a project aiming to simplify the usage of scripting into a very powerful gamemode.

VenuX: Roleplay is an open-source roleplaying project that allows you to run a server without the hassle of coding everything yourself,

and allows you to add functions yourself if you have knowledge of LUA very easily.

I'm a beginning programmer, yet I am excited about this, could I possibly work my way around in the code?

Well you sure will, VenuX: Roleplay aims to make the code as simple as possible, yet keeping it small, secure and above all fun.

The developers of VenuX: Roleplay add commentation to every function, so that even beginning programmers can find their way in the code.

NEWS

Update one:

VenuX is currently under heavy development, but a stable base that we work on has already been established, currently we are working on features that allow gameplay, such as factions, vehicles and inventory.

We are also going to look for one or two beta-testers which will be given first-access to the gamemode, test the gamemode and find / report bugs.

Core Feature List:

- A vehicle system.

- A character system for creation, selection and functions

- An inventory system.

- An interior system.

- A faction system

- A shops system.

Additional Feature List:

- Coming soon.

More to come.

In-game screenshots:

Progress screenshot #1 ( 25-11-2011 )

Progress screenshot #2 ( 28-11-2011 )

Progress screenshot #3 ( 06-12-2011 )

Download Alpha1

http://adf.ly/6C7P4

Credits:

Developer(s): AeroXbird

Special Thanks:

Mabako ( VenuX uses parts of mta-paradise ),

Kayl ( The QT to Lua Application ),

Lukkaz ( Feedback on features, partial scripting with the account system ),

The fantastic people on the IRC channel always ready to help out.

Notice: PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO SET THIS UP, I WILL NOT ANSWER THESE PMS!!

Feel free to discuss, i will be answering some questions about the mode, if there are any. ;)

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice project, sounds cool, but however I must ask, how are you planning to simpifly coding exactly though? Could you share some of the functions? Sounds interesting and some of the people I'm teaching to script would be suitable for this :)

The simplifying means that you dont have to write tons of functions yourself because you cannot find them, the project will export every useful function, and all utility functions are catagorized in their own resource.

Good luck ;) I'm sure it will go well :D

It is indeed going very well.

We have currently developed a stable core to work on, with MySQL and a sleek character selection, creation and more.

Current progress is on focused on the main additions such as vehicles, factions and jobs.

Though we are planning on doing these in a different aspect, and not as most RP scripts have.

For example: Factions are default, you are part of a faction by default.

Say we are making a new character, he/she is part of the government by default, as the rank of Citizien, giving you a small fee for being a member of this government, but it will also come with taxes.

players = { } 
mytesters = { } 
if #players > 2 then 
    lol1 = math.random ( 0, #players ) 
    repeat lol2 = math.random ( 0, #players ) until ( lol2 ~= lol1 ) 
    for i, v in ipairs ( players ) do 
        if i == lol1 or i == lol2 then 
          table.insert ( mytesters, players ) 
        end 
        if #mytesters == 2 then break end 
    end 
end 

That??? LOL

players = { } 
mytesters = { } 
if #players > 2 then 
    lol1 = math.random ( 0, #players ) 
    repeat lol2 = math.random ( 0, #players ) until ( lol2 ~= lol1 ) 
    for i, v in ipairs ( players ) do 
        if i == lol1 or i == lol2 then 
          table.insert ( mytesters, players ) 
        end 
        if #mytesters == 2 then break end 
    end 
end 

That??? LOL

i was thinking of who asked first gets number 1 and it simply counts up until last and then do a math.random(1, howmanyplayersapplied) twice, and voila, done.