Create a 2.5 version!

MaHe

Start removing the bugs (sorry, but it is veeery buggy :roll: ) and adding SMALL features (boats :? , maybe add full-winged Dodo...). I suggest a new job (Builder/Engeener maybe?). Remove the lag (I've played it on LAN, and that was sooooo slow....)!!! That's all. If you will do more, you will spend to much time. Which could be used better. :wink:

Uhh, I'm sure the MTA team knows how to debug. It's not that the MTA team doesn't debug - I'm sure they do, otherwise they wouldn't have BETA tests...duh! :D

It's just a matter of different people using different computers with different different OS's in different languages on different networks, etc. In order to conduct a debug to consider all of those things, you'd need to spend some serious money to pay people to research all of that info and hire full-time beta testers. My friend works for THQ as a tester and I can tell you this: THEY GOT HIM WORKING OVERTIME BABY. Like from 9am-9pm every damn day and weekends sometimes. So you can't expect that kind of performace from a non-profit project like MTA. On the otherhand, you should look at it more positively - I think the number of bugs is relatively low considering the circumstances.

That's just my 2 cents...

well, it seems to crash more in the large, mta official servers. i think its due to hackers/cheaters.

mine rarely crashes on small servers

But bout new version, heres what really needs to be done.

work out the exception errors, thats it! and release it. slowly fix bugs as their found, stop with the big increases, make .21 .22. .23 as u fix bugs.

MaHe - Slow on LAN? HTF you get that conclusion, played it over LAN with 5 ppl and it was smooth and not 1 crash in 3 hours \o/

On the internet side ive noticed crashes are few and far between compared the 0.1 as I find it much smoother and more enjoyable to play.

Only 2 things ive known to crash it:

Crash #1 (As MTA team said on release.) The passenger on the bike before the driver, this also happens when driver falls off and gets back on, but not everytime. (Passenger never seems to fall off.)

Crash #2 - This is vary rare and only seen it happen twice in many hours of gaming, when you drive a car into a lake with the passenger in, you die and sometimes the passenger is stuck underwater for 10 seconds then they timeout. Client side crash.

Other than that not once yet have we had any problems on our private or public servers.