Map mods problem

Sargeant98

Question

Aight, lets start off saying that this is what i did:

1. I installed a map mod (placed a folder with 3 files, 1 IDE, 1 IPL and 1 img file into data/maps/[FOLDER]) and also replaced gta.dat (Required maybe?)

2. Started my own server that me and my friend plays on (Only we) and started MTA.

3. Joined my server, but JUST before i get in, MTA crashes, and it says "gta_sa.exe" is the problem to this.

The fuck am i supposed to do? I really want to play on this map with my friend! And dont tell me that i must put it as a script/map into MTA, becouse i know nothing about doin that stuff.

Help, becouse i am gettin angry as shit! :redhotevil::redhotevil:

P.S! I also tryed using a regular gta.dat, but that didnt work either.

8 answers to this question

So you are soooo lazy...

You think it's easy to create a multiplayer mod for GTA San Andreas. You don't do anything because you are GOD and say people to do what you want them to do? Instead of doing it yourself?

OMG. It can't be THAT hard to delete a damn map from GTA SA, does it?

Btw, MTA has been developing since 2005, if I'm right. Our dear MTA Team work to fix bugs and crashes. If they would care only about third party mods, MTA would be an always-crashing mod (AKA crap).

Yes I can recreate that on MTA.

It's just about importing some DFF's from a script, then creating some objects here and there, and then placing in the right place. Easiest thing on world. And there are tools for that. Let me show you...

BTW:

You should AT LEAST try to understand how MTA works.

Not everything is built so any n00b can create anything with very few coding. MTA Map Editor is awesome, it helps you with TONS of things, for example. But for a more complex map, there are some things you must know. You don't even appreciate the effort that MTA Team makes at its mod.

Yes I can recreate that on MTA.

It's just about importing some DFF's from a script, then creating some objects here and there, and then placing in the right place. Easiest thing on world. And there are tools for that. Let me show you...

BTW:

You should AT LEAST try to understand how MTA works.

Not everything is built so any n00b can create anything with very few coding. MTA Map Editor is awesome, it helps you with TONS of things, for example. But for a more complex map, there are some things you must know. You don't even appreciate the effort that MTA Team makes at its mod.

You can convert the IPL to a .map file so no need to place the objects in the map editor. :)

and you, Sargeant98, speaking from the top of your 6 posts, I have converted this map, just look around you.

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=28415