Multiplayer NPCs like in single player

syst3mboot

Question

I just found out about MTA today (I haven't played San Andreas in a loooong time) and im wondering if its possible to have npcs the same way you do in single player. For example, if you kill people and cops you get wanted stars and then cop npcs chase after you and stuff. Basically singleplayer but with 2 or more people.

Correlation does not imply causation. A slow computer does not necessarily cause high latency. Latency depends primarily on one's internet connection.

So 17 MB per second is not enough to avoid this game lag? o.O

1 GB RAM DDR SDRAM 163 MHz

Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz

NVidia Geforce 6200 AX 256 MB

Maybe is the RAM, or the processor. But something makes "zombies" resource lag :(

Edited by Guest

I'm saying, maybe it's time for people to re-evaluate their stance on quality vs quantity. Perhaps a 32-player slot server with a full-featured multiplayer gameplay experience, just like one R* would create, is better than the 100-450 player servers people are used to now. The only way a NPC system like this could exist and be playable is with a lower playercount.

And towncivillian - high-latency players that sync peds are the biggest, if not the only reason serverside peds lag.

Good AI is advanced stuff. If you don't think so, it's because you have exp.

I didn't say "good AI", I was talking about basic AI:

It's not like I'm going to teach beginners to make a ped which is challenging to play against :)
1 GB RAM DDR SDRAM 163 MHz

Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz

NVidia Geforce 6200 AX 256 MB

That's like my PC, except that I have ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 Series 256 MB and 512 MB RAM. Optimization is our friend :) Zombie gamemode has some things which could be done in a more efficient way. For example, it uses collision detection for pathfinding. In my opinion, using path nodes or navigation meshes with lookup tables can be faster if done properly :)