Multiplayer NPCs like in single player

syst3mboot

Question

I just found out about MTA today (I haven't played San Andreas in a loooong time) and im wondering if its possible to have npcs the same way you do in single player. For example, if you kill people and cops you get wanted stars and then cop npcs chase after you and stuff. Basically singleplayer but with 2 or more people.

It's possible not just "theoretically", it's not even too hard for one person to make. What is so difficult about making a ped which follows path nodes? It seems like hardly anyone even wants NPC traffic, otherwise server owners would script it. I had once made peds walking all around San Andreas:

. I was going to make them drive cars too, but I lost the script. Also, there are a few videos with traffic scripted by another person:

So we can conclude that NPC traffic is not just possible, but also plausible easily enough. Although server owners act as if NPC traffic was not important to them, I bet we would see the same traffic script in many servers if such script was made and released. Lack of originality is the main thing I don't like about many servers because it makes MTA look much worse than it really is. How long has it been possible to make fully controllable peds? At least two years. Maybe even three. How many scripters have we seen making an AI? Very few. I would be very happy to see someone making NPC traffic, even if it was very basic, using it in their server and not giving it to anyone. Peds have a big potential in MTA and no one uses it... Why doesn't anyone want to make MTA more popular?

1. It's maybe easy, but takes a long time to make path nodes.

2. It may lag, don't you think so? Zombies already lag, imagine peds using path nodes.

1. No, it doesn't. Making all pedestrian path nodes took ten days for me. Car paths need more work, but still not too much.

2. If anything lags, then make it stop lagging. Any kind of script may lag if it is unoptimized.

1. No, it doesn't. Making all pedestrian path nodes took ten days for me. Car paths need more work, but still not too much.

2. If anything lags, then make it stop lagging. Any kind of script may lag if it is unoptimized.

1. Ten days is a long time for me.

2. Then GTA San Andreas is unoptimized :(

1. Then work faster, I didn't work as fast as I could.

2. So make the whole script yourself, instead of disassembling gta_sa.exe, finding ped AI code and rewriting it in Lua.

1. I don't wanna have that script on my server. It will lag for me, no matter how much good is my script (unless I get new PC :))

2. Nice joke. IDK how to D:

Only second reason is valid. I can hardly imagine how someone could miss such idea, and whoever really wants to have traffic in the server, they will overcome the laziness and will learn to script.

Y'don't know everyone's opinion. Don't just discard all options like that.

OK, I admit I may be bitching too much, but it's disappointing to see people asking for traffic resource for such a long time which is enough for them to make it themselves. The same goes for other kinds of scripts, not just traffic. I can't understand how people who want good scripts remain "lazy" and "inexperienced in scripting" for a few years.

I agree with you. Beginners' tutorials may look hard to understand, that's another thing I can try to make easier. But still, having peds in tutorial isn't necessarily an "advanced stuff". It's not like I'm going to teach beginners to make a ped which is challenging to play against :)

The reason zombies lag is that if a player is laggy, then any peds they are the element syncer for will also lag. The solution is to detect and kick high-latency players.

So every poor player that has a bad PC (like me) will be kicked from a server (s)he wants to play.