MTA:SA Copyright system suggestion

Otto

There is absolutely no needing about using EXCLAMATIONS LIKE I WOULD BE THE GREATEST DUMBASS ON MULTI THEFT AUTO!!!

And you didn't understand ME, CapY. Your post doesn't do anything against mine, as far as I can see.

Server clans can still spam their names, with or without a "free copyright system". Blacklist will solve that.

Btw fix your grammar, man. And don't get angry so easily, that makes you look like a child.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a suggestion to help you somewhat.

If you want to look like a child (you are doing it now), then keep up your "work".

Now, can you discuss about the topic? Don't you have anything against what I've said in my previous post?

And now i'm waiting for a Blacklist.

If you want to look like a child (you are doing it now), then keep up your "work".

Now, can you discuss about the topic? Don't you have anything against what I've said in my previous post?

therefore you are waiting for 1.2

therefore you are waiting for 1.2

And i know.

What if the guy who wants to create the server doesn't pay attention to the clan name, and create his server without giving a f*ck about that, or doesn't even sends an e-mail to the MTASA Copyright email and creates the server?

You haven't though much about this suggestion, right?

Btw you created your reply twice, and also don't triple post.

I have. On that case he will be reported to the Blacklist. That's why they must run together.

I think it should do this:

-Pay ==> Servers appears on list.

-No pay ==> Server can be hosted, but cannot be seen on list. Players can access the server with IP.

That would be good and fair. Btw the cost of this would be US $ 5. Btw it could help MTA Team to keep their work up.

Because people with serious servers should know that it is needed to have enough $$$ to host a proper server.

Nice idea, I was also thinking about everytime you start MTA-SA you had to pay US$10.00, don't you think it's a nice idea too?

-No pay ==> Server can be hosted, but cannot be seen on list. Players can access the server with IP.

That would be good and fair. Btw the cost of this would be US $ 5. Btw it could help MTA Team to keep their work up.

Because people with serious servers should know that it is needed to have enough $$$ to host a proper server.

Nice idea, I was also thinking about everytime you start MTA-SA you had to pay US$10.00, don't you think it's a nice idea too?

I was not referring to that, THAT WAY.

I was not referring to that, THAT WAY.

Its still a bad idea, this is even worse than the way SA-MP does it.

They have a separate section for servers that pay, this wont even show you if you dont pay..

What was you smoking when this idea came out? Srsly? take a look to the front page of mta, i will post the image for you.

title_free_fun_and_easy.png

do you know what it says? FREE, so there is no money problem here. Even if the mta developers needed money, they would put a paypal donation button, and i don't see that button. Oh and another thing, it's open source, so it would make no-sense pay for something than everyone can edit.

And i prefer the blacklist system.

A new server name is an acceptable outcome; the whole point of blacklisting is to remove servers which copy existing server names or manipulate search results by including tags of many servers. If the server operators choose a new name which no longer violates either of those points, then the server no longer needs to be blacklisted.

Perhaps a better solution is for people to found unique communities with basic morals, so that not only do they not steal other communities' names in the first place, but stand out enough so people can immediately tell the difference between the fake and real servers.

Or just organize a DDOS against any, if needed. Not that I condone that sort of thing.

I DON'T KNOW WHY EVERYBODY IS STILL DISCUSSING ABOUT PAYING OR NOT. SHIT, THAT WAS NOT MY IDEA GOD!

I prefer blacklist than copyright. If copyright it's free:

1. Possible legal trouble;

2. Some from here are minors;

3. People can claim a false "copyright" (see 1. and 2.)

4. MTA is open-source.

5. Lua is open-source.

And surely more i'm forgetin.

Thanks for this comment, now I'm thinking on waiting for Blacklist. Then, if I don't like it, I'll revive this.