MTA:SA Copyright system suggestion

Otto

My suggestion is based on https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=31463.

What I mean here is that, if you are going to open a server on MTA:SA, you will have to send a message to the Multi Theft Auto mail and they are going to give you a legal Copyright, and nobody will take a server with your name (And if they do it, their server will be closed).

Then, when you send that message, the MTA:SA team will send you if it's available or not. If not, you will have to create a new one.

This will stop with server spamming.

Apart from this, if MTA:SA has it own power of giving Copyrights, by the time, they can sell them.

This will give more money to MTA:SA owners and team.

I think this suggestion must be accepted, if not, we are going to continue having problems like server spamming, inmature latin people who take unauthorised tags.

For the people who didn't understand: The Copyright will contain the TAG of your clan, and a list of name servers, like [TAG]Locked due development", "[TAG]NAME OF THE CLAN 24/7 DD/DM", "[TAG]Clan Freeroam++ 24/7", etc. You'll have to send a list of possible names for your server, the tag of your clan, your ingame name, forum name. Then, I think this is work of the MTA:SA team.

Thanks for reading, I really hope you accept this suggestion, it will be a big progress on MTA:SA.

EDIT: PROJECT PRESENTED TO DEVELOPERS

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice suggestion, it takes a time to create it..

Mail creating won't take much time. Probably, It will take a time to give a Copyright to all the clans that MTA:SA has actually.

I think, this can be easy. All the clans will be advertised by this system, and they will have to send a message to the MTA:SA Copyright mail and they will have to accept that request. The clan which doesn't send that mail, they won't have a Copyright and other people can take that name.

There's a Blacklist system planned for 1.2.

I know, but a Blacklist system doesnt give money to staff of MTA and, with Backlist system only 20 servers got the anti-spam power. I mean, most of the severs with Backlist system are spammed and others, like 20 servers, are defended from spam.

Edited by Guest

I think it should do this:

-Pay ==> Servers appears on list.

-No pay ==> Server can be hosted, but cannot be seen on list. Players can access the server with IP.

That would be good and fair. Btw the cost of this would be US $ 5. Btw it could help MTA Team to keep their work up.

Because people with serious servers should know that it is needed to have enough $$$ to host a proper server.

MTA is Open Source, if we've had to pay to open a server, it would lose A LOT of players I'm sure.

I'm not so sure, most of the players are noobs, like 70% of the players are noobs and they don't matter about the server where they play.

The 30% rest, will buy a server, but they will know what's this system. I mean, they know rules to open a server and this system will be integrated on them.

Server has an own host price, but to lunch it on MTA:SA, and take the Copyright, It will cost only 5 U$S.

I think it's an easy system. Just send money to MTA.

BTW, "SELLING" COPYRIGHTS WAS NOT MY IDEA, (That's MTA:SA staff problem) MY IDEA WAS TO GIVE COPYRIGHTS FOR FREE JUST BY E-MAILING.

Then giving copyright for free is a waste-time thing, if you see someone cloning your server simple: send a message to CCW to import the cloned server into the blacklist.

Btw: You can't call to the whole MTA community "noob", those "noobs" are the reason why the MTA stills alive... I guess you ruined completely this suggestion...

Then giving copyright for free is a waste-time thing, if you see someone cloning your server simple: send a message to CCW to import the cloned server into the blacklist.

Btw: You can't call to the whole MTA community "noob", those "noobs" are the reason why the MTA stills alive... I guess you ruined completely this suggestion...

And here we have a guy who didn't understand nothing. Let's see. If the server that was cloned has a Copyright, the other one is doing ILEGAL things, and thats what I want you to get. Reporting by forum or Game Monitor has no-legal terms of reporting, it's just an informal report.

I'm not entirely sure where you're going with this Otto. After all, the server you're associated with has been trying to clone DKR since its inception. No one in MTA is going to pay to have their server names registered as a trademark (not a copyright, you are getting confused) - it shouldn't be that difficult and it just isn't worth it.

Besides, we have never taken another server's name, so why should we have to pay more money on top of server operation costs just to stop people copying ours? Why not just have the bulk of the community behave themselves as they do currently, and have the few who misbehave removed from the list? I think the blacklist system proposed by the MTA Devs should be adequate to cope with the relatively small number of servers who insist on copying the names of established servers, past and present.

Yeah it would be stupid to pay to show the server in list and this is because to get an good server with good host you need to pay money, i dont pay for my hosting because i got a nice friened wich can host it for me.

and then if someone wants to start an awesome server but dont know LUA but they pay a scripter then they pay hosting then they pay for list it would not be so many servers left here after that because scripters and host is aleready too expensive in my eyes...

I'm not entirely sure where you're going with this Otto. After all, the server you're associated with has been trying to clone DKR since its inception. No one in MTA is going to pay to have their server names registered as a trademark (not a copyright, you are getting confused) - it shouldn't be that difficult and it just isn't worth it.

Besides, we have never taken another server's name, so why should we have to pay more money on top of server operation costs just to stop people copying ours? Why not just have the bulk of the community behave themselves as they do currently, and have the few who misbehave removed from the list? I think the blacklist system proposed by the MTA Devs should be adequate to cope with the relatively small number of servers who insist on copying the names of established servers, past and present.

You didn't get me. Really, my idea was not to pay, just to "advertise" to the MTA:SA staff that you are creating a server with a name, and tag, and they give you a type of.. Copyright. The word Copyright was a example, change it name if want.

I mean, when MTA:SA staff gives you that, you have legal things and nobody can take that tag and server name.

This suggestion was related to the resent server clon/spam from FG. That's why. Btw Oz, DKR case was a nice example.