Disconnection?!?!?!

fodor

When i try to connet to ANY server (even low ping servers) this always happens to me....Connecting...

Disconnected: Connection timed out. (Delay = 10 sec)

Connecting...

Disconnected: Connection timed out. (Delay = 10 sec)

does anyone know why this is???!?!?!? thanx....

Like Kent said, look in your router's manual or go their website. It'll tell u how to do it.

This is a very common thing. Usually it just requires logging into your router's web interface (eg, 192.168.0.1) and going to the WAN section and ticking the box that has says 'Enable DMZ'.

I don't suppose that any of you would know how to do this with a NetGear Powerline adapter? It's the XA601.

Barring that, would purchasing another IP address solve the problem for me? Right now, I have Comcast cable feeding into my computer and then I send it to my roommate's computer with Win XP internet connection sharing. If we were to get cable out of the same jack but be assigned different IP numbers by Comcast, would I be able to play?

Thanks.

what i did was put in my software CD for my router and ran an advanced setup and put on my firewall and turned on DMZ...its quite simple....if u have the software.....or u could go to ur routers home wedsite....either or...they both would help tho...once u do that let me kno how ur doin....