Poor activity on forums?

12p

I've noticed that there are very few posts per day in relation to the amount of forum members...

THERE ARE MORE POSTS CREATED IN A DAY IN THE RUSSIAN SECTION THAN IN ANY OTHER!

I don't know, you tell me. What happened to dzek, for example? Or TurboCow? Those members were spending time on the forums to answer questions, etc... And now they're gone. What's wrong?

Off-Topic: BTW, I have spent less than 20 days in the forum and got more than 120 posts (I think I had about 860 when I came back), I'm close to my 1000 posts :)

What suggestions do you guys have to improve the forum? I can pass these on if any meaningful ideas come up. As an active member of the community these forums are a part of my daily schedule and by all means it would be ideal to see more people contribute to useful posts other than the BLAST section - though at the end of the day BLAST has became a symbol to the MTA community in that respect. Past and present continue to keep the torch burning.

The forum does get its recognition. We have thousands upon thousands of posts and this doesn’t include all the archive posts from 2003-2005 roughly that have been stored elsewhere. The numbers use to rocket sky high when the old EUNA, European and individual tournaments use to be published. Generally, the forum is at its peak once a release has gone public and many users visit the forums though they don’t necessarily register or post.

Because the most active forums are just scripting and russian, we could try to make something so people that is at scripting forums, visit others, like resources.

I don't know what exactly, but that's my idea (btw too much obvious and simple xD).

I have been around this community for years and not once have I contributed a post to the scripting section because I don’t know how too. It’s rare now that you ever come across a big debate in the general or discussion sections anymore. It’s impossible to encourage people just to sign up and post something other than in the scripting section because it’s a freedom of choice. It would be nice to see the old torch get lit again in the Gangs/Tournaments section for example but people prefer not too nowadays.

I've got 2 ideas lol

1. Facebook and/or Twitter linking/connect. People use way too much them 2.

2. Updating forum version? Not sure about this one, it seems like this phpBB is a bit old, but I dunno. It would be used to add more features.

That isn't really the good. Look @ minecraft forums...

The problem are that here, on the forums, aren't a very big amount of things to do; for that all people go to B.L.A.S.T. . Make some more non-MTA sections; i know (e.g.) Habbo webfans that have more subforums that Habbo-related have, and it wasn't a problem! Here go some examples:

Music

Art Design / Pixel Art or whatever not related to MTA

Culture, Sciences and Societies

Sports

Games non-GTA related

Cars / Bikes

Computer / Software no warez / Hardware

Funnies / Jokes / Parodies / Memes

Videos / Youtube

Social Networks / Internet Computers and Internet aren't the same

Personally I think the forum looks nice the way it is - the layout, colours and such. It’s neat, tidy and the navigation is not an issue.

Unfortunately MTA is never going to be on the same level as activity compared to say SA-MP forum wise. Whilst San Andreas is a popular game, many people now will type “GTA IV multiplayer” or similar into a search engine because people think that MTA is in the past. In reality not every person has stayed round long enough to see the thousands of features available with this product.

Whilst it would be nice to see more activity on this forum I wouldn’t - perhaps some others might agree - want to see this forum get too crowded and become a total mess.

MTA is still a very active community regardless of what happens in this forum.