[REL]Garry's Mod Map Editing System (v0.3 - Oct. the 29th)

12p

Do you guys know what is GMod? No? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry%27s_Mod

Garry's mod Map Editing System (or GMES) is a resource that recreates how real GMod works; using the gravity gun, tool gun, and that stuff.

NOTE: Version 0.3 onwards may require admin privilegies

Version 0.4 will be the last public version

DEVELOPMENT STOPPED

Features:

-Custom "Map Editor" menu (uses the table from getObjectNameFromID).

-Elements Customizer (for example, the peds can have weapons, in future versions you will select vehicles colors, objects scale, etc).

-Undo sytem (there is no "redo" at GMod).

-A simple and user-friendly way to edit the elements' position.

-Map saving!

Bugs/Known Issues:

-Sometimes the admin restriction system (for map tab access) doesn't work. In this case, the admins that want to do something with the map must logout and then login.

How to use:

-If you are in Moderator ACL group (or higher), then press Q.

-Select any element on the lists (you can also search for them with the edit boxes).

-You can preview the element you selected, press the "Preview" button. To finish the preview, use "/preview" cmd.

-Press "Spawn Element"to place your element right in front of you, in the world.

-Shoot to the element with the "gravity gun". That waym you attach elements to yourself.

-Move your element with the aiming, anywhere you want.

-You can rotate it with the mouse wheel.

-Place freezed it with right mouse button, and to only place it, use the left button (some objects don't have gravity/physics, so it's the same thing to freeze it and to leave it).

-You can now undo your elements pressing Z.

To Do:

-No Clip mode (superman).

-Tools Tab.

-Map Loading, Erasing and Saving

-Undo system

-Preview elements.

Here's community link for download

Edited by Guest
dxDraw3dText + getPedNuzzlePosition + for i=x,y do + onClientRender + tocolor(0,255,255,255) = Lazer. I would like to help in this sandbox gamemode. Rename resource to "sandbox"

It's not a GM, but ty xD

But if you guys really want this to be gamemode, I could do it.

Idea:

mineraft style hot-bar for recent/most used objs, need soem way to make icon tough, but with dx render targets its possible.

There is "Z" button for UNDO ELEMENTS in Garry's Mod. It's not that hard, just need to use a table and all that can be done :)

BTW, almost always I play alone using this script, so I cannot check the server-side sync.

If you wanna help me to test the script, you can join my private server (not 24/7):

Benxamix2 Test/Race Server

Password: asdfg

IP: Dynamic (that's why I don't share it)

I'll be delighted :D

EDIT: v0.3 RELEASED!!!

• 2 weeks later...

idea:

Introduction Tut for New members on server.

Own made lobby map, (i know you can make script for it but yes, not needed)

Marker at lobby that asks where to go: LS,LV,SF

Glue other objects like car on hunter, (most members need these)

Building zone's: (Not needed btw)

Building Zone's Creating System (Only 1 zone allowed each user , if server creator wants more he can change "1" to a other number)

Building Zone / Creation Protect (Protect your zone so you only can script and build on it)

Building Zone Password Protect (If someone is on your "zone" it gives a gui and asks for Password if good: Player can stay, if wrong: player gets killed.)

Make a alerter system if someone is on your "building zone" with a Private chatbox message and a sound.

You can script only on your zone and not SERVER. You can invite friend etc to public player zone's etc, you can invite players for team building etc....

Also you can mod OWN CREATED cars / planes / boats . Others are protected at a XML file... (i mean putting items)

Inactive user zones and accounts will be deleted after: 30 Days ( More / Less if owner wants that ) (maybe theres already a script at community ok)

these are only ideas :P

Edited by Guest
Introduction Tut for New members on server.

DX Animated Tips. Yeah, I've got them planned.

Own made lobby map,

Marker at lobby that asks where to go: LS,LV,SF

Not a bad idea, but that can be done by the user, so NO.

Glue other objects like car on hunter,

Planned already.

Building zone's:

Building Zone's Creating System (Only 1 zone allowed each user , if server creator wants more he can change "1" to a other number)

Building Zone / Creation Protect (Protect your zone so you only can script and build on it)

Building Zone Password Protect (If someone is on your "zone" it gives a gui and asks for Password if good: Player can stay, if wrong: player gets killed.)

Make a alerter system if someone is on your "building zone" with a Private chatbox message and a sound.

You can script only on your zone and not SERVER. You can invite friend etc to public player zone's etc, you can invite players for team building etc....

Simply no. If you want that, do it.

Also you can mod OWN CREATED cars / planes / boats . Others are protected at a XML file...

What?

Inactive user zones and accounts will be deleted after: 30 Days ( More / Less if owner wants that )

There is script in community for that.