Pedstrains and traffic path nodes

Yurchik

And you checked what control states were on your side? It's obvious that vehicle will drive if it's moving for syncer because the velocity and position are synced, but what about the controls? Did you hear the vehicle accelerating, did you see the wheels turning whenever the ped was doing the turn?

i've made a simple ai to keep them at a limited speed (50km/h max) so no acceleration, but the wheels where turning when new waypoint was assigned...

and because it was on my home PC, it was a bit laggy and the wehicles were sliding at times... (there were about 20 of them) but i still think is playable :)

• 2 weeks later...

this is all scriptable, and with all the issues including bandwidth.

only thing is that it requires A LOT of effort, and i think rather devs do something else and let scripters do their best.

also, as you probably saw already this is tried to be made many times, but all previous ones either are outdated, glitchy, or not published.(i can remember 5scripts controlling peds and vehicles, all shown somewhere in forums)

A basic traffic script does not require much effort. In my opinion, the trickiest part to do is proper driving, and still, it shouldn't be difficult. Making paths everywhere takes some time, but that's not a big problem. For the beginning, a part of the map with traffic can be enough, after all. Also, traffic doesn't have to be dense. I think a small number of NPCs already makes the gameplay better and shouldn't use too much bandwidth. So the only reason we don't see NPC traffic in servers is because people don't want it so much.