Connecting Problems

I am in the same boat.

It is strange, it reports I have a good ping rate before starting the game, then when I get in the game I pick a character and and my ping count is huge (F11). I rarely see other players and then i'm disconnected.

The All Seeing Eye (ASE) tells me I have good bandwidth (Auto test bandwidth using their set-up wizard).

Looks like MTA still needs lots of work.

What type of connections are you using? How many players are in the servers that you connect to? "MTA Sucks" isn't much help.

The disconnecting thing is either the server going down, or a bad connection to the server (high packet loss).

I am not saying it sucks, I am just disappointed that I can't play.

If you want some specs:

Win 98 SE, ADSL, 1.2GHZ machine. Game runs well when connected, but that could be because packets are getting trashed or an official game 'hook-up' doesn't take place. Still runs fine when disconnected.

I tried over a dozen servers (seriously) and the problem is consistant. I tried many types of game servers (some say they have T3 line). I have played other online games (Unreal, Battlefield 1942) and don't have any problems.

I don't know your procedures for troubleshooting, but if you have a test server, I can try to hook up and perhaps you can monitor me. I am sure the other people who posted could participate.

i am on xp and have cable connection i set my firewall out.

my f11 and f10 didn't work and now i have reinstalled vc and mta.

and trying to connect to server but disconnected every time !

Sorry that I am in Dutch but it is for the other member.

Below that I shall write the Translation in English...

If you want the Dutch post deleted ask it to me ok ?

Wat krijg je voor foutmelding en wanneer word je gedisconnect precies dat willen ze weten.. ok ?

-------------

What are you getting for error and when are you exectly disconnected,

that is they wanne know.. ok ?

i will tell the disconnects problem in dutch i think ijsvogel can read it and translate.

ik probeer te connecten gedaan dan heb ik soms dat die gewoon connect en meteen disconnect aangeeft.

als het wel in 1 keer lukt dan ga ik game op starten dan ben ik bij player kiezen.

en dan krijg ik meteen disconnect weet niet waar het aan ligt.

en dan even opnieuw connecten en verder met player kiezen en dan gaat het meestal wel goed.

maar als je firewall aan hebt staan dan krijg je gewoon disconnects die heb ik dus uitgezet.

maar ik snap er dus niks van firewall is uit ik probeer te connecten op server en geeft gewoon aan.

Disconnected: Connection timed out. (Delay = 10 sec)

sorry for the dutch i hope some ppl that are dutch on the mta team can read this and meaby translate !

I've got the same problem, when I join a server, i get disconnected in less than 3 or 4 seconds.

With no error, just "Disconneced from server" (ingame)

When i look in the client thing I see:

It happened with the new and old version.

I'm using WindowsXP and i've got no Firewalls. (The one in WinXp disabled.)

Hello I heve MTA but every time if i play it it showing a error and then I play but it looks like nobody is moving but i can't also see the text that the other players are typing and I can't play with the others

i will tell the disconnects problem in dutch i think ijsvogel can read it and translate.

ik probeer te connecten gedaan dan heb ik soms dat die gewoon connect en meteen disconnect aangeeft.

als het wel in 1 keer lukt dan ga ik game op starten dan ben ik bij player kiezen.

en dan krijg ik meteen disconnect weet niet waar het aan ligt.

en dan even opnieuw connecten en verder met player kiezen en dan gaat het meestal wel goed.

maar als je firewall aan hebt staan dan krijg je gewoon disconnects die heb ik dus uitgezet.

maar ik snap er dus niks van firewall is uit ik probeer te connecten op server en geeft gewoon aan.

sorry for the dutch i hope some ppl that are dutch on the mta team can read this and meaby translate !

Ik heb dit hierboven geschreven probleem ook!!!