FREEZE AFTER CHOOSING CHARACTER-works before a gtavc crash

:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:Some System Specs. :idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

- Microsoft Windows XP (newest updates including sevice pack 1) home edition

- Pentium 4 CPU 2.40 GHz

- 512 MB of RAM

- 1MB Cable Internet

- 49GB of free space left out of 80GB

- Avance AC97 audio card

- Whatever came with the computer. Not quite sure. Intel extreme graphics maybe? Integrated video?

- Computer: Hewlett Packard pavilion model 563w (Not one of those cheap pieces of crap though just so you know).

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:Step by Step of the problem :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

1. I play mtavc and after awhile the gtavc crashes. It is totally frozen so I have the control+alt+delete my way out.

2. I restart vice city and try to get back in. I restarted the MTA program also just to make sure. I also reconnect to a different server.

3. After choosing my character I see the GTAVC load screen.

4. I hear the "tone" that comes when you get an error box for windows.

5. A windows message box shows up saying "GTAVC has an internal error and must be terminated immediatly. Send error report?"

NOTE: When I die in the game (before the crash) I can select a character again just fine.

After the game crashes, if I restart VC, it will just freeze up EVERY TIME during the load screen after character selection.

So in short:

GTAVC crashes = cannot get back in unless I totally restart my computer

Note: GTAVC crashes, not the MTA program. I am still connected and I can see people chatting in the MTA chat window after I control+alt+delete my way out of GTAVC.

The only remedy I have found is restarting my computer! Nooo! :evil: