JiHost.co.uk - where quality is cheaper!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poeds, have you ever managed a server before? I have a feeling you don't, 150mb isn't anywhere near enough,

Right now I have 3 servers.

Freeroam: 258mb ram usage

Test server: 227mb(running same script as freeroam but with slight additional features but usually no players)

Map editing server: 187mb ram usage

So is 150mb really a fair usage to you, you can't even run a server with map editor running *smh*

Extra features - free!

We want to make sure everything is at one place! Our dedicated server! Therefor, we are providing you with free a FTP account, for easier access to your files. Free MySQL database for hosting important server information. We also want to make sure you have as much hard disk space as you need, as much internet bandwidth as you need. We limit server RAM usage, to find out more about it contact us. And it's all for - free!

I am sure your website is misleading the consumers and there should be a ram usage limit displayed on most pages, including the order page, just like most web hosting companys do! I ain't here to make your company to sound crap or anything but just to give you a bit of helpful criticism and if you aren't ready to take criticism you're clearly not working in the right sector. I'd even remove my comments if you done the decent thing and give your customers a decent ram usage limit (350-500mb), I'm currently studying in the media sector and we've done all sorts of things about misleading advertisments and regulations, I'd be glad to help you if you sort your issues out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

a friend rented a server from jihost but the server is in 1.1 and he can't change to 1.2, i told him to go to "change version" and change it to 1.2 but he sent me this screen, this is what appears in "change version" menu

56C9C9FF1.png

as you can see, it says that 1.2 is the only supported version but his server is in 1.1 :/