Suggestion for the community site

• 3 weeks later...
  • MTA Team
I guess that they care more about the Google Ads.
If we cared about making money we wouldn't have hosted the site for 9 years without ads. If we cared more about ads you would see them everywhere instead of a single banner on community. You would have multiple banners on every page you visit.

We have been able to cover our expenses for 9 years running, some of us have invested a lot of money in this project (thousands of dollars/euros over the years) and you dare to complain over a single banner? I should freakin ban you just for saying that ...

Me and ijsf decided we would stop putting money into this project after 9 years, that does not mean the costs go away magically. Since I am still hosting current community the ads are to cover that expense. If the new community is ever finished, and it is proven to be more secure than the current one it will probably come over to the same server hosting the rest of MTA and the ads will more than likely be gone again.

I guess that they care more about the Google Ads.
If we cared about making money we wouldn't have hosted the site for 9 years without ads. If we cared more about ads you would see them everywhere instead of a single banner on community. You would have multiple banners on every page you visit.

We have been able to cover our expenses for 9 years running, some of us have invested a lot of money in this project (thousands of dollars/euros over the years) and you dare to complain over a single banner? I should freakin ban you just for saying that ...

Me and ijsf decided we would stop putting money into this project after 9 years, that does not mean the costs go away magically. Since I am still hosting current community the ads are to cover that expense. If the new community is ever finished, and it is proven to be more secure than the current one it will probably come over to the same server hosting the rest of MTA and the ads will more than likely be gone again.

But don't think that this project is dying. It's getting more and more popular day by day for GTA San Andreas popularity. Even pc gamers play GTA SA with mods instead of GTA 4.