help whit guiSetSize

bandi94

i make a new health and speed bar

now if i set n for 0.5 the bar is ok ( |_____ ...... | the bar ____ is the progress bar and ... is only for space) if i set it to a smaler number ex. 0.2 the bar move to the center ( |..... __ ..... |) how can i make it to don't move the bar to the center to stay at the begin

thx

local main = guiCreateStaticImage( 0.81, 0.056, 0.165, 0.11,"fo.png", true ) 
local zold=guiCreateStaticImage( 0.16 ,0.38, .1 , 0.033 ,"hpg.png", true,main) 
local n =0.5 
guiSetSize(zold,n,0.23,true) 

Edited by Guest

oh i added that line by mistake i tryed to solve the problem whit changing the Position but i need some equation

i figured up that if the n=0.05 then the after the equation i need to get 0.19 and whit same equation whit n=1 i need to get 0.032 now i a working to find out the equation or is a easier way ?

easier way would be using absolute positioning.

and i dont really get your relative values. are you sure you got them right? relative means relative to the parent.

and what the purpose of 0.05 to 0.19 and 1 to 0.032?

i hope you understund me better whit the pictures

pic 1

n=0.5 the bar is fine

local zold=guiCreateStaticImage( 0.11 ,0.38, .1 , 0.033 ,"hpg.png", true,main) 
local n =0.5 

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/problem1n.png/

local zold=guiCreateStaticImage( 0.11 ,0.38, .1 , 0.033 ,"hpg.png", true,main) 
local n =0.2 

pic 2

n=0.2 after i lost 30 hp now my bar is smaller in width but he moved to left i don't wanna to move the bar to left only to get smaler or bigger in width

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/problem2e.png/

thx

whit that n i tryed to move back the healtbar but i deletet that line

this is the full code (the healt bar part. I have the timer and the FPS ping part but that is not a problem .. )

now if i have health set to 1-10 the bar is ok if i set it to a bigger number 40-50 again start to moving now to right ....

-------------------------elet sebeseg------------- 
local zold=guiCreateStaticImage( 0.190 ,0.372, 1 , 0.233 ,"hpg.png", true,main) 
local health=50 
local n =health / 100 *1 

the 2 image what i use on guiCreateStaticImage

pic 1 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/16211163.png/

pic 2 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/hpg.png/

whit gui its litel easier positioning and tryed now whit Dx drawing and it same like if i create an image

dxDrawImage(screenWidth/2 ,0 , n, 40, 'hpg.png') and if n is 100 and after i change n to 200 it move's a litel to right/left so i need to adjust the cordinates and here is the problem to change the width but only make the bar shorter to don't move it left or right

and you just change the Dx drawing width or you are using some adjust for x,y, width,height bk if i add only x=.. y=.. and i change the width the image it will move and then i need to adjust the x back and there i get stuk how to calculate how much i need to adjust the x to stay on place ( bk i need to calculate from health 0-100 and speed 0-250 ) to don't move ....

• 2 months later...
to get width you just need health% / 100 * bar full width. and it shouldn't change position.

either you're not showing the whole code (you lost 30 hp but you set bar size with some "n" variable?), or no idea.

I know this is an old thread but I am not the best with the whole math part when it comes to LUA. I used your fomula for the health bar for myself and it works great.

I was about to make a new post on the forum asking how to do it but I'm glad I found the formula. Thanks.