Starting off with Scripting

Giovanni

Ehm well, I have been playing MTA for a while now, and yes, I wanted to start real scripting (not only additions for maps) a while ago, but I never really meant it serious. But now, after 1.1 was released I am totally thrilled of MTA again, and I don't really want to go back to Scripting for SA:MP, what I did before.

I know that you script in Lua for MTA, and that there is a difference between client and server sided scripts. But there are some questions I got:

1. Are there any tutorials about creating gamemodes (including the creation of commands if possible [Also, Admin Commands?])

2. I saw that you can create commands client and server sided. That confuses me a bit, in which cases do you create them server sided and in which are they client sided?

3. The Admin System is handled by a default script if I am not mistaken. Can I somehow add different Admin Levels there?

4. Should I try to change a default gamemode or give it a shot and try to create an own one?

( I did read the tutorial on creating gamemodes on the wiki but I would like to have everything explained step by step and I did still not totally understand the difference between the client and server sided scripts. )

Thanks in advance.

Client sided scripts, only exist for the client. They run on each and every player connected to the server's CLIENT.

Server is done on the server, globally. The changes are generally seen by everyone on the server.

Client sided commands can be done to execute stuff only for that one player, on that one players computer. Server sided are done by the server.

Client sided scripts, only exist for the client. They run on each and every player connected to the server's CLIENT.

Server is done on the server, globally. The changes are generally seen by everyone on the server.

Client sided commands can be done to execute stuff only for that one player, on that one players computer. Server sided are done by the server.

So if I want to do an action on the player, which is clientsided, the command has to be clientsided as well?

(For example a command that shows a GUI to a player [This function is client sided only if I am right] ? )