[HELP] Map editor Error

Kabii

Question

Hey, sorry if this same issue or question has been raised before I'm having a re-occuring problem with the map editor and I'm not exactly sure what's causing it.

When I first downloaded the game, on using the map editor I would consistently get this error when trying to select the 'race' gamemode or definition: 1IJMa.png

A few version updates, and after that a couple of nightly builds later, I tried the map editor again, and to my surprise, it now seemed to work perfectly - I could choose the 'race' definition, or gamemode from the menu, and play such maps in the test mode. I tried making a map earlier today and all was well, no problems. I then saw couple of videos using the 'RCG' rollercoaster editor, and deciding this looked cool, I tried downloading this and putting it in the resources folder of the MTA files (As per installation instructions). When I loaded the game up again and opened the editor, to my horror, I started getting the same error again upon trying the race mode. Not just once, but over several times of trying - I removed the RCG file from the folder in case it was causing the issue, but to no avail. I re-downloaded version 1.1.1 of MTA (Albeit without uninstalling the directory first) with no luck, I keep getting the same error.

I tried googling the error but failed to find anyone else with this problem. I'm gonna assume that a file is missing from the MTA folder, but I have no idea how to solve that. If anyone could pin down a solution to being something as simple uninstalling and downloading MTA again, that's all well and good, but can anyone point me in the direction of the file that holds the in-game 'binds' information? (I play with a PS3 controller so I've assigned every function to a button on the controller)

This is a painful error to get, as it's completely eliminated my chances of working on any map editing for the time being, so I'd be greatly appreciative if any of you guys could shed some light on this. Thanks!

2 answers to this question