MTA 0.2

Blokker_1999

• MTA Team

Q: Help, i get single player

A: Make sure you are connected to the server and that you launch the game with the button in the client.

Q: I get kicked for trainer usaga, but i am not using a trainer

A: trainer detection doesn't work 100% perfect. It happens you get just kicked when e.g. your car blows up.

Q: I use a crack and it doesn't work

A: We do not support cracks, but have not taken any steps to prevent usage of them.

Q: I reinstalled GTA and know i get an error in MTA

A: reinstall MTA, it may be possible the gamepath is set wrong for the cliënt

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: Why does it say "Trainer usage suspected" again?

A: Maybe you're using external programs that are trying to modify VC, such as the speedometer or whatever. Shut these down and try again.

Q: I'm getting the your "VC files are wrong" thing and i haven't even installed any mods!

A: You still have some modified files in your VC directory. If you've uninstalled any mods, that could be the problem. Even if there is 1 character changed in one of these files: handling.cfg, weapon.dat or mta.scm you'll not be able to connect. Reinstall VC and/or reinstall MTA.

Q: I'm getting the normal single player when i start up Vice City!

A: Please use the Start Game button in the MTA Client, this is the only way it works.

Q: The Start Game button is not enabled! I can't click it!

A: You have to be connected to a server before you can click the Start Game button to start your VC game.

Q: It says i'm having a wrong version of VC or there's something else wrong with MTA and finding VC

A: Try the following: go to your Windows directory, for example c:\windows, and remove the MTA.INI file. Then try to start the MTA client again.

Q; when i press the start button game i get

Unhandled exception:c0000005
Ar address:            00652f80

and yes i am conected to a server ive tryed removeing the mta.ini all that cant get it working

Edited by Guest
Q: I use a crack and it doesn't work

A: We do not support cracks, but have not taken any steps to prevent usage of them.

i use the "bloodpatch" for my german version !

is this the same for the programm like a crack ?!

(sorry for my bad english :oops:, but i use it not very often)

Q1:I'm connected to a server, but when i start a game, I only see the first person to choose, an a text message(Message of the day) in front of it! In the Top-Left, there is the chat window! After a few seconds there is nothing moving and I can hear an engine!

I got the same problem. Does anybody know what to do??

Q1:I'm connected to a server, but when i start a game, I only see the first person to choose, an a text message(Message of the day) in front of it! In the Top-Left, there is the chat window! After a few seconds there is nothing moving and I can hear an engine!

Had the same problem. Everytime, when character selection screen appeared, pic freezes and the engine sound could be heared.

Problem was: Installed Vice City with german language -> german.gtx seems to be incompatible with MTA 0.2 or causes trouble

To solve the problem (it solved my one =)): just duplicate the american.gtx language file coming with MTA and rename the copy to the language u had installed: e.g. german.gtx or frensh.gtx .

Hope i could help ... :D

Yeah it works! But please MTA-Team can you make an german.gxt for mta which will work? That will be helpfull!

A1:Copy the american.gxt to german.gxt! (If you are using the german game!)

Yes, that works for me too. Thanks@Krake

(@Bluejanis: Ich würde die Antwort anders formulieren... nix gegen dein Englisch, aber das is bessa *g*)

A1: To solve the problem just duplicate the american.gxt language file coming with MTA and rename the copy to the language you had installed: e.g. german.gxt or frensh.gxt.

I installed mta 0.2... i put my ip adress and my nickname and when i put start game it appears an error and it says: Some or all of your Game files have been modified. Please reeinstall VC / MTA. (CRC check failed) I re instaled it but its the same thing...someone help please.

i had that error, reinstalled it 3 times,

the last time i deleted the mta folder & all the subfolders (as for some reason not all of them are delated, there were 3 remaining) then i reinstalled vice city, then instaalled mta, and it worked fine, can't figure it out myself..

havent' tried the 1.1 patch yet, although i noticed theres no gray backgrund to the chat like in the screenshots or player health status & name?

laffin:

im running an unmodded retail version 1.0 of VC on XP and getting this msg:

"Fatal Error!

Failure detecting version of Vice City. Aborting..."

what can i do? plz help.

me:

are you using a crack, or the blood patch? (some people consider these not to be mods) Are you running the australian version?

Try deleting C:\WINDOW\mta.ini, it may work.

laffin:

yeah im running australian version, definately not using a crack or any other mods. iv deleted mta.ini file and reloaded mta but it still gives me same msg:

"Fatal Error!

Failure detecting version of Vice City. Aborting..."

can ne1 help?

Here's a quick little question. I'm pretty sure that a ping of around 2000+ is bad right? I (still) am using that gay router and am thinking that it may be causing my problems. What do you guys think? :?

Same problem as Iaffin, I'm also running the Australian version

Edit: I just found the solution.......................USE A CRACK!!

It obviously doesn't like the australian version but I figured most cracked .exes would be the american version, I figured from what blokker said about not prventing the use of cracks that it might, AND IT DID WOOT!!! MTA:VC 4 ME!

Hi all.

I have a linux server mta 0.2, work fine. My question is - Why MTAServer make a 200+ connections to localhost, port 4005 :

udp 0 0 localhost:34556 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:34300 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:34044 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:33788 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:33660 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:33404 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:33148 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:32892 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:34557 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:34301 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:34045 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:33789 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:33533 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:33405 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:33149 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:32893 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:34558 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:34302 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:34046 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:33790 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:33534 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

udp 0 0 localhost:33278 localhost:4005 ESTABLISHED

..........................................................................................................

What is wrong? Is that a secure problem or not?