Multi Theft Auto: Vice City

Do you think the Team Should make a Multiplayer Mod for Vice City?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Team Should make a Multiplayer Mod for Vice City?

• Yes, they should switch their efforts to making a Vice City Mutliplayer Mod
    • No, they should stick with the GTA3 Multiplayer Mod
    • Stick with the GTA3 Mod AND make a Vice City Mod if possible

Do you Mod Gods have any plans on switching to make a multiplayer Mod for Vice City when it comes out on PC next month? :twisted:

For instance, leaving .3 as the final Multiplayer Mod for GTA3 and switching to the task of making a Multiplayer mod for Vice City.

Will you have to evaluate the code to first decide if it is a possible task, given that there most likley will not be any left over Multiplayer code in Vice City making your task harder.

I really hope you plan on making a Multiplayer Mod for Vice City.

*envisions riding through Vice City on Harley's with his Gang members to a fight with another Gang*

my question is, what internet code do you (mta team) actually use, i mean, mta.exe does all the internet transactions, handles chat, and you dont need internet code to place cars\peds on the street.. so what code would be benificial? and im almost 100% sure that there will be no left over code in vc. also i think mta should continue to work on GTA3:MTA since i like liberty city better than vc. (i like the games equally) and then they should make GTAVC:MTA, after enough hacking has been done to vc.. just like gta3.

BTW: CONSOLE POWER!!!!!!!!!!! dont disrespect us, who gave birth to pc games. (all tho i will admit that gta3 is better for PC because of mods.. but xbox is changing that)

I believe that the MTA team are doing a fantastic job, and am ecstatic to see the progress meter going up on the main page quite regularly! Excellent work MTA team! :)

I believe that if it's not too hard to change MTA for GTA3 into an MTA for VC, then I believe they should try to make both at the same time. If however, it is a lot different, then they should just focus on one or the other (but then again, that's upto you guys!).

Perhaps since MTA is currently under development, R* will maybe release a multiplayer mod for VC at a later date. This should be checked on with a reliable R* source ofcourse (perhaps several :) ).

Anyway, in the end everything is still upto the MTA team as to how they'll handle VC when it comes out (or not handle it at all perhaps??? *shrug*).

Hell, they might even keep an eye out on what GoE does with GGM, whether they'll start developing one for VC when it comes out or not. Or even better, spend 1/2 time on MTA, but leave it public, and work on VC privately (especially if it's not too hard to change MTA for GTA3 to VC :D, so when MTA works brilliantly, then not long after there'll be the equivalent (or better) for VC :D :D :D

... I'll shut up now, getting too long, hehe. :)

• MTA Team

we have stated before (u guys really need to start reading everything) that if it is possible we are gonna make an MTA version for VC, it all depends on the change in sourcecode of VC. R* has told us that there isn't gonna be much difference.

We can't start the development of the game yet because we also have to wait for the official release

my question is, what internet code do you (mta team) actually use, i mean, mta.exe does all the internet transactions, handles chat, and you dont need internet code to place cars\peds on the street.. so what code would be benificial? AND I AM ALMOST 100% SURE that there will be no left over code in vc. also i think mta should continue to work on GTA3:MTA since i like liberty city better than vc. (i like the games equally) and then they should make GTAVC:MTA, after enough hacking has been done to vc.. just like gta3.

BTW: CONSOLE POWER!!!!!!!!!!! dont disrespect us, who gave birth to pc games. (all tho i will admit that gta3 is better for PC because of mods.. but xbox is changing that)

wouldnt being almost 100% sure be 99% or 98% sure?

gah... yeah I'm going to say it

you have just recieved a WARNING from MOI

please do not flame like that EVER again, or well death what ever just don't because I happen to own a console and enjoy it much because console have this little thing called a MULTIADAPTER THAT LETS YOU +4 WHICH YOU CANT DO WITH A PC

there I said it, now im deleting your post Anorius, so watch it.

hey, i like psx, but it's definiteely no pc. it seems consoles are getting to be more computer-like every day (harddrives,online capability, cdroms, keyboard, heck even the snes had a mouse!)... the point is: why go with an imitator, when you can have the real thing

god damn it - imo im a pc person, but only because i dont have a console.

consoles will always be good for games. Cause tekken, virtua fighter, random hero+sidekick platformers, Final fantasy, gran turismo *drools* etc etc will not come out on PC (ff does, but still =P)

also, consoles are out of the box playable, no 'you must have these increbily high 'obsollete before you open the box' ' specs =) - you have the console, you play it!

console games are also (usually) less buggy, as they have to release a quality game, no shitty bug fix patches here!

PC's also have obvious advantages etc etc etc.

Back on topic people =P

:D:shock: Don't tell me you guys havent heard R* is possibly already making it online for PC since its had a high and popular demand if you have time go to some gta:vc sites and they'll have forums and possible future GTA series titles one ive heard was coming is GTA: Sin City but dont believe everything u see! 8)
(all tho i will admit that gta3 is better for PC because of mods.. but xbox is changing that)

yeah, but you see, rockstar isn't making games for xbox, and xbox is the spawn of pure evil. so if you own an xbox i suggest you burn it.

Why? Its going to be a lot better game. Better graphics, motorcycles, helicopters lots of boats. I don't know why you would want to stick with GTA3 if its possible to make a Multiplayer Mod for Vice City. I hope that .3 will be good enough that they can leave it at that for GTA3 and switch their efforts to Vice City.

I really hope R* is already making Vice City multiplayer, I just read on IGN the other day that they haven't officially stated if they will or won't, but they guys at IGN seemed to hint at something... and it seemed to me that it will be what we have all been waiting for :D

Here is the quote: "And the biggest question of all... Multiplayer. No definitive word has been released either way, so we just can't say, even though the office is split fifty-fifty, putting aside the unspeakable inside word some of us have heard." -ign.com

http://pc.ign.com/articles/392/392768p4.html

I guess that statement could easily go either way. :?