1.1.1 random spawnpoint

shrike

Question

When running freeroam/play In previous versions the spawnpoint was always Tierra Robada. Now when you spawn the spawnpoint is random.

While looking through the forums I saw a suggestion to edit broph.lua to fix this. Is that the correct way to sort this out or is there a fix to return to the previous versions use of the fixed Tierra Robada spawnpoint?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

• Discord Moderators

An update applied to play for the 1.1 resources (r796)

You can go into /play/broph.map, go to the bottom and remove all the spawnpoints except ranch

<spawnpoint id="ranch" posX="-711" posY="957" posZ="12.4" rotation="90"></spawnpoint> 
[strike]<spawnpoint id="pirate" posX="2005" posY="1543" posZ="13.5" rotX="270"></spawnpoint>[/strike] 
[strike]<spawnpoint id="grove" posX="2485" posY="-1667" posZ="13.3" rotX="0"></spawnpoint>[/strike] 
[strike]<spawnpoint id="hill" posX="-2405" posY="-598" posZ="132.6" rotX="128"></spawnpoint>[/strike] 

diegofkda, I agree spreading the players around the map works better in a typical deathmatch scenario.

Zango, I may want to use the spawnpoints later so I think I'll try changing the random spawn function in the script instead.

It just seemed odd that after so many versions had been released the spawn behaviour changed. I thought it was a bug or something I'd mucked up.

Thanks to both of you for the feedback.