Shaders

Phat Looser

Since shaders are the new strong issue of MTA, I wanted to open a discussion thread for it.

Like: How do shaders work, how to use shaders?

Its not about posting shaders themselves, but pipes and shaders are most complicated, as you have to understand GFX cards, pipes and the systems first.

I'll post some tutorials later, but actually, I don't really understand them so I have to start at zero.

What I am currently missing the most is sort of a list:

Object ID -> Texture Name.

Does anybody have a link?

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Eng ... xtureNames

but only way to apply the texture to only one of the model, not all on the screen is somehow checking the on-screen bounds of element you want to shade, and applying the shader only if pixel pos on screen is in the bounds( requires Pixel Shader 3.0(for the current pixel pos variable) and alot of skill.).

True story bro, but that doesn't make an offline list I could use with linux scripting new shaders.

Sorry for being annoying, but sometimes I need that, since i.e. i am scanning my father's hard drive for viruses atm, and since I don't live with him its a bit stupid to let the time pass by without actually scripting DAT SCRIPT I've been bugged with for a while: blood on a zombie...

• 4 years later...