Problem running self-compiled linux server

Mdbelen

Hi there, i'm just trying to compile the mta server on my own to be able to make some small changes (remove the hardcoded login command amongst others)

I want to use this server on Debian 6 64bit, I'm compiling on Debian 6 32bit.

I can run the precompiled 1.1 server on this 64bit Debian, so the 64bit is not the problem. (In order to run i just needed to apt-get install lib32ncursesw5 lib32readline5 )

I can't run the server which I compiled, though. When starting it, it says:

libpcre.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ERROR: Loading mod (/home/gameserver/mta-test1/mods/deathmatch/deathmatch.so) failed!

Press Q to shut down the server!

Apparently there's no lib32pcre (libpcre and libpcre-dev are installed) out there which I could install. But this shouldn't be necessary anyway, because the precompiled version runs well without it.

My question is: What to do to compile the source so that the output is exactly like the precompiled one?

I followed the instructions in the wiki (both the first and the second one) for the source from svn/branches/1.1.1/ and svn/tags/1.1/ and svn/tags/1.1.1/

The only change I applied to the source was setting MTASA_VERSION_TYPE to VERSION_TYPE_RELEASE in the MTA10_Server/version.h

I tried to configure pcre with --disable-shared and without that. And to configure mta with --disable-system-pcre and with --with-pcre=yes but nothing works. I am shattered.

gr8, found the solution: make was "caching all changes away" or whatever. Have never worked with it. I guess after changing something (including arguments for ./configure) i had to use one of make clean, make uninstall or make distclean.

The solution to my original problem was indeed configuring with the parameter --without-system-pcre .

omfg