MTA 0.2 Help needed

Hi all.

I just finished downloading MTA 0.2 (which I was very excited about), only to find that when I connected to a server and clicked "Start Game" in the client window, it came up with an error message saying "Unable to find game version. Aborting..." or something along those lines.

The path for VC that I gave it in the install was correct, and I'm completely blank on what to do...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have that exact problem.

It's as if everything from VC 0.2 is installed, but it thinks its 0.1/1.1 so it says you cant enter 0.2 ganes.

I tried:

Restarting my pc

First uninstaslling MTA1 then installing MTA2

Downloading MTA2 from another server

Installing in a different directory

Non of the above have worked.

Ah we had some problems before with the Australian version of GTA:VC..

Uh huh, MTA 0.1 didn't work either...

wow,

could'nt you explain what it does, before we delete anything from the windows directory!?

Don't worry, it won't screw anything up. As far as I know, it simply records things like your username (so you won't have to type it in every single time) etc. I think it also records where your gta-vc.exe is, as when I tried to go "start game" it popped up a box asking where it was. It'll make a new mta.ini automatically anyway. Erm... did that make sense? :)

Yeah, i had probs running the aus version of VC when i used the exe it came with. (although my prob was that it crashed when u started a new game) I had a look, and it turns out the exe is a different size (about 100 kb different i think) to the other versions :( maybe this is what causes it, becuase its not all coded for i guess. i just use a backup cd crack (fairlight 1.1) (with the original cd) and it works fine. this fixed the prob for 0.1 and 0.2. :D