Problem in .2 with chatting

tjaisv

First off, i want to thank the developers and all who made it possible for releasing 0.2 today. Their continuing progress on MTA:VC certainly deserves a big round of applause from all of us who appreciate what they're trying to do.

And now for my problem. I'm ALMOST ALWAYS unable to chat in the game. Yes i press t, and yes i can see the chat box. I can see people chatting, but nobody sees my chatting. However, i can chat just fine in the MTA client.

Somebody told me it might be lag. But how could that be if my ping is low and my gameplay doesn't show any lag. It usually happens on all servers i join.

Thoughts or suggestions? :o

UPDATE: The cause was Norton Internet Security. I disabled it and now i can chat just fine. :D

Edited by Guest

hehe i have the same problem and thats why i can't currently code for MTA... are you on a large network?? because in my case the sysadmin is throttling outgoing UDP to stop the spread of virii, and stop the usage of kazaa.. (RIAA stuff).

Im talking ot my sysadmin right now about getting more access so i can work harder on devel stuff..

Kent

hehe i have the same problem and thats why i can't currently code for MTA... are you on a large network?? because in my case the sysadmin is throttling outgoing UDP to stop the spread of virii, and stop the usage of kazaa.. (RIAA stuff).

Im talking ot my sysadmin right now about getting more access so i can work harder on devel stuff..

Kent

Actually, i'm not on a large network, i'm at home. However, I am using Sygate Office Network, which is Internet gatweway software that lets me share my internet connection with other computers in my house.

Also, I'm using Norton Internet Security (firewall software) and Norton AntiVirus.

So yeah i'm suspecting one of these might be the problem. I'll disable one at a time and see if this is the case.

Just put it on recommanded setting...i still cant understand why ur firewall would not let u chat but u are able to see and play with other ppl...man that's wierd..

Firewall: U can play..but u cant CHAT!! (evil laugh)

You: OH dang it

lol im just being silly..u can also call that funny...and u can also call that stupidity cuz im sleepy