moded game?

Guest zombiejesus9001

i got version 2.0 and i loaded up all seeing eye and hit start game so on

it says error some or all your files have been modded

now of course my game is modded im using a no cd crack cause my cd rom drive is being stupid

so is there any way to get the game to work with a no cd crack?

Some people have managed to get a No-CD crack working, but I don't know how they did it. This'll probably be locked since there appears to be a strict no-warez/no-cd crack policy around here (even if you own the game).

Im not sure that the mta client is telling u that ur files had been modded cuz of the cd crack....im saying this cuz i know a guy who usually doesnt buy his games lets just say and i know his vc works fine with mta vc cuz i played him on a server (and was whiping me) ...i guess maybe u just need to reinstall...oh, u said ur cd rom is screwed up...sorry man got no ideas :) if u had any mods just uninstall it i guess...

all i know is i put in the game and got the no cd crack 1.1 off of mega games and its giving me an error

the people who got the no cd crack to work can u tell me how u got it to work?

and also what does the mta client search for when it tries to load up the game?

This might seem funny...but i think the mta client thingy is Case sensitive....let me explain... i just got my friend on the phone and he said that the gta-vc.eXe (the cd crack thing) wouldnt work but when he changed the X to x so it would look like gta-vc.exe it worked!

Try that..and if that doesnt work...i guess u can try uninstalling the game and dont update...and get a backup cd exe from some place that is 1.0? i dunno u check :)

Same problem with me, BUT, I have a clean install for the game, no cracks, nothing. 100% orginal. And it keeps comming up.

I do have 2 versions, modded + no cd crack, and a clean 100% orginal for MTA. It still doesnt work.

That might clear up problems, but it makes more :)

Some people have managed to get a No-CD crack working, but I don't know how they did it. This'll probably be locked since there appears to be a strict no-warez/no-cd crack policy around here (even if you own the game).

I'm currently useing the No-cd crack becasue running the game off of disk makes my sound go fuzzy, textures wont load and frame rates drop. If they introduce this No-CD crack policy it means I'm going to have to play Vice the hard way :roll:.

My bad, My bad...U got me there...im sorry i didnt read all of ur post...all i read is i had the same problem and then i skipped to the second line where it said u had 2 versions(which i didnt get) and i moved on...now that i know u got a clean intstall...lol that's freaking weird..u didnt update right?

if u by any chance get to find wat files the mta client scans for, u might have 1 of them currupted even if u do a clean install.. u never know....

I had the same problem as you guys, here's what I did

1.Uninstall your modded version oh vice city(or if you wanna keep your modes, make a copy of the modded version in a new folder, C:/modded/gtavc, somthing like that, then uninstall)

2.Reinstal a fresh copy of Vice, and then, make sure you uninstall and then reinstall mtavc 0.2.

3.Load up ase and have fun.

Note: the main point i'm trying to make is that even if your have a fresh instal of Vice city, you still need to reinstall mta.

i did this with a no-cd crack and it worked for me.

opps looks like SM Gulag beat me to hitting the "submit" button, ah well.