Working on model support

Maybe some of you have seen my video of MTA:United Liberty City already.

My converter has done quite a good job to import the GTA:United LC2SA scene into a MTA resource. I made this video to show you guys that I will be working on a MTA managed model loader patch and will most likely shedule it for MTA 1.2

You guys probably know the collision and model failures combined with engine replacement, that is going to be a thing of the past. I will think about enabling support for new models, yeah, new vehicle, ped or object ids.

Wanted to share that with you guys, I am revin' my best.

This looks brilliant. It’s fascinating to see all these “conversions” that seem to be taking place in general in the GTA community. IV into VC, SA into GTA:LC etc. I’d love to learn the programming/modelling skills behind it but unfortunately the time isn’t on my hands.

Good luck with it!

Lordy, what was the memory usage on that thing? :P

Also RenderWare plus GTA's CStreaming is a real bitch to mess with. What I would suggest to you is go back in the SVN a few commits (in 1.1), and get this reverted streamer re-write and work on top of it.

Interresting, a streamer rewrite got reverted? This tells me alot about the development style of BLUE...

As I found out by talking to ccw, it was a update for the streaming of virtual MTA objects. I will be going a layer deeper.

Edited by Guest

Indeed, we (Kayl) also experimented with mass object replacements some time ago, except with Vice City instead of Liberty City. However some apparent model replacement limitations and bugs (generally in the form of TXD fail, which you can see in The_GTA's video) prevented the idea being practical for release on the server.

I was under the impression that The_GTA was proposing to improve MTA's model replacement engine to accommodate a mass object replacement of Liberty City into San Andreas. It's certainly not the first time anyone's attempted a project such as this, I was mainly interested in the potential for improvements to MTA's support of model replacement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...