1.1 Map Editor Ideas

[DKR]Jake

I just thought of a couple of ideas for the 1.1 Map Editor, and thought I'd share them:

1. The ability to delete original objects from the map. (Sometimes if your mapping, the odd object can get in the way, it'd be nice if we could have the ability to delete those small objects to make room).

2. The ability to map peds. (It can be a pain in the ass scripting peds, so I thought why not have the ability to 'map' peds in the map editor, and whereas you can define settings for pickups etc. You can define the settings for Peds, weither they're armed, what skin they have, what gun they're carrying, etc.)

Opinions?

I think all functionality with IPL we need is ability to remove all map objects via server configuration. Game map can be converted to MTA map format which could then be modified in map editor and controlled using scripts. There is some information related to IPL memory addresses here: http://bugs.mtasa.com/view.php?id=5499 . I don't know how much work it would take to remove/recreate IPL instances, but in my opinion, setting Z coordinate of each IPL instance to some negative value shouldn't be too hard.

• 2 weeks later...
Recreating IPLs would be laggy for old computers.

Maybe makem a option to toggle it?

................................................................____________________

(Recreate Ipls? (this can be laggy for some computers)|_Yes_______________| :arrowdown: (ascii art FTW)

that would suck.unsync.

but really, no way to modify ipl w/o lag?probably kind of extracting it?