Why is hosting such a hassle?

Some may ask why your hosts "plain suck", others may ask why some are such expensive.

Do you want to hear why?

I am hosting servers myself. Well, its a private hobby of mine, and no, you won't get one.

But as a matter of fact, hosting sucks. As soon as someone is new to scripting expect him to use at least 3 GB of RAM and one 3 GhZ core. If you don't provide that, you SUCK, and you suck BAD.

And, don't expect that to be all. If you host, never, I repeat: NEVER even try to limit your bandwidth. They need it! They need it bad! They need it HARD and PERMANENT up their... servers! For their high-poly car models that shine in the sun, for their 130 MB of HipHop that will make any lawyer sue YOUR face until YOUR nose bleeds because YOU hosting the mp3's, and not him!

Now, go ask yourself if you really want to host a server.

As a host, you aren't responsible for the content you host (in the us at least) assuming you remove any content that is infringing someone's copyright when they notify you.

Thats only half-right: As a host in Germany you ARE responsible for the content, unless you prove that you DIDN'T do it.

Having a fight with the German GEMA always results in at least 500€ of loss, even if its just for the lawyer. They simply don't give up.