Testing

Apart from the few public betas, I've noticed that MTA lacks any structured testing. I reported 23 bugs that were introduced into 1.1 and I'm certain that some of those would have gone undetected if I hadn't have reported them. This made me the closest thing MTA has to a tester. I belive MTA had a QA team in the past but haven't seen anything from them for a long time (Is MeKorea a MTA QA? I assume so as he was running the betas) and I am offering to test new things properly, like a QA team would.

I ask this because MTA is lacking proper testing which results in time wasted for developers that have to check if peoples reports are correct and many reports lack necessary details like proper steps to reproduce and I know this can be a problem as I develop a gamemode myself which uses a bug tracker too. So we get these poorly filled out reports and undiscovered bugs after releases, things that developers really don't need after they've put so much time and effort into MTA.

I really want to do more for MTA, I run a popular server, contribute to resource and Map Editor, update the wiki and report bugs in a useful manner but I want to do more. Testing is where I think I can help MTA the most. I would start by going through all the current open issues and testing them to either confirm their presence or close them if not able to reproduce. Then when the next version starts to take shape I would see that everything is tested well and report any new bugs as quickly and effectively as possible and organize regular tests of the new features as I have done before on my gamemode (I ran two 50 player beta tests on 1.1)

Of course I could do the above without approval but it would mean a lot to me and would happily begin.