What MTA should do!

Stanislav

Account Registration and Database

So it saves your car and your location a long with all your gold and gear so you can relog without having to start over. It also saved your total kills and deaths etc...

Padestrians and Drivers

This is a serious issue becuase it is boring when you can not jack a car from and NPC or beat anything but an normal players. It also sucks without cops!

Online Quests

This data will also be stored in database. You can do all offline quests that GTA normally but do them with friends also a feature to let the host create his own quests!

Shop & Storage

It would be cool to go along with the database to have you earn cash and then buy items from shop and store them too if you do not want to loose them.

Log File

The log file should contain more then chat and JOIN and QUIT. This way people can code nice PHP scripts. I have so far coded a nice formated chat log and number of people currently online but I wish I could make it log skills etc.

Tell me what you think? I am willing to help do this if they decided its a good idea.

Well I am damn sure it would be graet to be a MMO

Cause without peds and cops itisnt as fun

i host 2 mmorpg servers both a pretty huge and I am sure people would love to people GTA with mmo

why is it not going to have ped and cops? You guys dont want to or you can code an AI cause my friend has done it on a mmorpg me and him are developing so we can help if you want.

we aren't doing it because it takes too much time that we could be focusing on gamemodes... not to mention the added bandwith that npc's create.

thats coupled w/ the fact that we dont' ahve direct Acess to code... so just "putting cops in" is not nearly as easy as if we had some source code to work with....

just be patient, when gamemodes are implemented you wont care about peds and cops

why is it not going to have ped and cops?

The bandwith usage is too great, and there are other constraints. (ie: only a certain number of peds can be kept track of at a time... so it'd be like 50 peds on 2 islands.)

why is it not going to have ped and cops?

The bandwith usage is too great, and there are other constraints. (ie: only a certain number of peds can be kept track of at a time... so it'd be like 50 peds on 2 islands.)

this is not very true

an MMORPG uses 3kbps a sec

while CS and GTA seem to use 10kbps?

I dont understand how this can be when MMORPGs have more to handle then a FPS, maybe MMORPGs are more well coded.

this is not very true

I dont understand how this can be when MMORPGs have more to handle then a FPS, maybe MMORPGs are more well coded.

you must understand that we dont' have the finesse control over the game that one does when they are developing agame...

we can't have great bandwith improvements because we can't control the cars/peds etc. very directly...

this is not very true

you must understand that we dont' have the finesse control over the game that one does when they are developing agame...

we can't have great bandwith improvements because we can't control the cars/peds etc. very directly...

well you guys should develope it for lan perposes or people who have unmetered connections. So people can disable features like that and a NPC/Car file where people choose to spawn cars. Coords around the GTA world would be nice too.

I personally know many people with 10mbps-100mbps connections at home and they aer unmetered. I host a gaem server off one of my friends comps and it has like 100gig transfer a day for like several months now.

the amount of 56kers decreases daily soon enough there will be barely any 56kers you guys should just make it so u can disable and enable features. I would love to help on the team I would be happy to code a web panel to control the server for newbies.

So all u do is put MTA somewhere on your box then upload the web to ur apache or http and then config everything and run it through HTTP and manage it fully.

Ya, but don't forget that there will still be many 56k'ers out there for a few more years, and even with the number of them lowering, they still can't be ignored :)

Lol making them left out fastens the conversion to boradband

Broadband cost as much as 56k used to now so if they could afford it before they should be able too now

i don't think MTA is going ot be headlining hte conversion from 56k users to broadband anytime soon...

you can also private message htem through the forums, they check these regularly....

(the names i mentioned earlier (IJSVogel, and Blokker_1999 are their respective names)

Kent

Lol making them left out fastens the conversion to boradband

Broadband cost as much as 56k used to now so if they could afford it before they should be able too now

Dude, that's so cold. The MTA team doesn't need someone like you on their team - making decisions like that makes it very unfair for certain groups of people. Such a narrow-minded viewpoint! And trust me, like Kent said, MTA wont and shouldn't be a reason for people to convert from dialup to broadband.

Stanislav, your outlook on this mod is WAY larger than the MTA seems to be looking at it. You have to take these kinds of projects with a grain of salt. They don't have the source code, so there's only so much that can happen. And your current requests are SO unnecessary at this point in time. Most of us just want to see a stable running multiplayer with accurate scoring, less (preferrably none) crashes, syncronicity, and many more of the "basic" features. You're talking about a LARGE-scale development that is just way too far ahead of the game. If you have such a high standard, you should really just wait for R* to code their own multiplayer. I strongly believe that the next installment of GTA will most certainly have some sort of multiplayer. It would just be foolish of them not to include it - especially given the time they will be taking on it. So maybe you'd like to write R* a letter offering to work for them if you have the skill you claim you have. Otherwise, just calm down, sit back, and wait for simple-yet-fun multiplayer from the MTA team!

Peace.

I am sorry you feel that way but if you try hard anything can be accomplish. I am very eager to do many things and fast.

I have rans huges sites since I was 11 with huge amount of users bases.

I am turning 15 next week and I already make loads of cash online for web scrpting and dseign.

I also take on projects like Myth of Pandora (my team and I are creating and MMORPG)

I run a huge site http://www.mmorpg-net.com with many game servers which I have to monitor and manage while also going to school.

I am very abnormal becuase I work hard on many things at once. I know many people would think of this as crazy and disorangised but thats how i work.

I usualy tend to base others work by how i do things which is not right.

But anyway my site has 19k members in 5-6 months and I would like to help MTA with the following and make new features.

- Top List (like All Seeing Eye except webpage)

- Web hosting for downloads

- Admin Panel for MTA

- Advertise MTA (It deserves more then 5000 forum members)

I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Anyway I feel like I sound snotty when I do not want too, so if you think I do please diregard this post.

I don't think you're snotty, I just think you're a little misguided. I mean, it's cool that you've done so much, but none of that stuff you mentioned is going to help MTA get the source code they need for the requests you have. I mean, maybe you can tell R* your miraculous, prodigal story and they'll be so impressed that they send you the source code in a protected FedEX package...but somehow I think your chances are very slim. But tell me if you get it and I'll be congratulating you :) Take care and keep doin' what you're doin'...sounds good. :D

my main point is Cops and Peds can be easily done the only hard part is the AI but it can be coded within 2-8 days.

If cars can be placed ingame then Cops and Peds can too

As for accoutn registraion no soruce code is needed for this becuase all you technically need is a SQL server + Login/account server + add a login feature to MTA client

persoanlly out of allt he features i think account system si a must for 2 reasons

1. so names are not faked

2. when ur connection goes out or u crash (thinking of 56kers here) and you were in a chopper then its shit that you loose it.

thats not the only issue...

theres also issues w/ the engine itself...

we can only display so many actors at once...

(other players appear similar to peds to you).... so adding any NPCs to the game, would not only consume more bandwith, it could also lower tha max # of players supported...

The AI is already in the game... but to sync that stuff w/ everybody else would not only push bandwith limits, but also the limits of the engine....

remember, VC was designed as a single player game...

it was not designed to be able to display hundreds of peds at a time....

Kent