MTA:SA 1.1 Released: Harder, Better, Stronger, Faster

darkdreamingdan

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just trying to get the people who keep saying its the best thing ever made to stop being so annoying... I know your all working on it, I'm waiting, don't mind. I'm extremely grateful for you even taking time out of your lifes to make something for literal thousands to enjoy.

Take a month or a year, we'll all still be here (except dem nubs)

Ok, i know its been already mentioned, but i still have not found an answer, but is there any way to fix the low FPS problem? either serverside or client side because thats what the majority of complaints are about. 1.0.5 wasn't laggy and GTA SA itself sure as heck isn't, surely we dont need a super high spec pc to run a 6 year old game? (fwiw no other game on my system lags and it seems to make no difference what the GFX settings are) If the problem is being looked at for a future update fix then ill be happy with that but, surely its not gonna be like this forever?

Ok, i know its been already mentioned, but i still have not found an answer, but is there any way to fix the low FPS problem? either serverside or client side because thats what the majority of complaints are about. 1.0.5 wasn't laggy and GTA SA itself sure as heck isn't, surely we dont need a super high spec pc to run a 6 year old game? (fwiw no other game on my system lags and it seems to make no difference what the GFX settings are) If the problem is being looked at for a future update fix then ill be happy with that but, surely its not gonna be like this forever?

Is low FPS occuring in an empty server with just the play resource running, or are certain situations requires to cause the FPS drop?

"i know its been already mentioned" If its not reported on the mantis, the issue does not exist so make sure this issue is reported on the mantis bug tracker at http://bugs.mtasa.com I looked through all issues reported since the release of 1.1 and didn't find anything related to low FPS.

ive noticed it on both 1.1 servers i play i host one of them it seems to be random at any point in the map fine one second an laggy the next its runnin the full batch of resources not just the play resource not sure what modes are used on Mushroom Kingdom but we use a RPG gamemode on our server. thanks for the tip for reporting ill do that now with as much detail as i can

It's not exactly resolving the issue though, as most of these reports refer to older versions an pre-release nightly builds, but the problem remains.

wrote to this bug report that problem is still here and it will be opened again. Off course, give steps to reproduce.

its completely random so random that you could be parked anywhere in an unmodded car not moving or changing camera view and the framerate fluctuates from smooth to 10 - 15 fps.I could drive up and down the same piece of road all day and get random drops at differing places. Sometimes it seems fine for ages, although ive noticed it can be fine in LS, but drive to LV and as you cross the river it drops almost everytime. some people notice it, some dont, it maybe a powerful PC thing.

Fwiw i got the community account thing fixed ok, will gather more widespread info from others if i post. And 1.2 seems fine lol.

He means lower the "available streamer memory" in MTA settings as the game may be loading too much stuff and causing the drop.

The stream memory doesn't cause FPS drop, if it's not streaming good enough, it will lag. So lowering the streaming memory is a bad thing.

Not that low, just so that it doesn't try and load too much.

Actually, dropping the 'Useable video memory' setting seems to help. Not sure if this is what you meant. It does not totally cure the problem, but it certainly helped me.

Yes that is what we meant, the default setting of it is too high then.

Fwiw 512 MB video card running 128 MB useable memory seemed to work best, not noticed a lag so far...

Does your name have any resemblance to the League Of Legends character with the same name?

OT: Well, I've not experienced any bad things with it except the inability to use map editor, which is strange..

Sorry, i've never played League Of Legends, but i have heard of it. Thanks to all for suggestions and help especially Arran and Phat Looser who suggested adjusting the Memory. Heard this morning of a server that has a shader disable function added to their F1 panel, which would be a handy addon.

My shaders switch off at approx. 25 FPS and lower.

Also I wonder what that has to do with Microlags. Normally Microlags are either the program's, or the harddisc's fault (that includes the wrong cache size - it increases the harddisc usage).

If the framerate would drop constantly it would be shaders, of course.

Switching off shaders in MTA client side was closed:

http://bugs.mtasa.com/view.php?id=6438

and they are sort of right, even though I still think some programmers can't handle shaders yet.