the last questions ill ever ask... for now anyways

hmm... ok ive been playing for a while now, but there are still some things that i would like to clear up... so here goes

k i searched for this question and didnt find it so i guess ill ask it

1. i see the statistics for how much bandwidth is used on the main page, but what i want to know is in 0.1 you can be kicking the crap out of someone who u know isnt cheating on ur screen but he just doesnt die, and then all of a sudden hes behind u, shooting while hes fallen down, stuff like that. Is this fixed in 0.2? :roll:

before i ask this question, i wanna make it clear that i am NOT ASKING FOR ONE... now with that said

2. no cd cracks, are they really illegal? can you guys give me a link or something that shows me why? thanx for clearing that one up :lol:

3. and just to clarify... how many pcj's are there in 0.2, or is that still being decided. thanx for the info

4. oh... and about the cap in players... i realize that there is lag issues with bandwidth and the system specs more than double... but could you make it an option to turn on say 50 players? i realize that not everyone likes that many players but if they dont like big games theres more than one server out there... im just saying that when i host a server and the cheats are gone in 0.2 it would be fun to get a HUGE game going with some of my friends and archrivals(points at bumps clan) :lol: j\k but could you just make it an option thats totally unsupported that we could do on our own private servers? thanx in advance

edit... btw an example of what i mean by unofficial support is to do what certain programs have done in the past and let you enable higher resolutions... but they wont support it if you do

5. these are the only questions that i still have, and yes i searched through the forums and i even found another post about the cap in players... but you guys told him that it would more than double the system specs... would this just be true server side? or for both? cuz ive got way more than double the recommended specs for both cpu power and network bandwidth... my broadband is rated at a t2 after all :wink: yup comcast is the isp of choice

and please guys... answer all the questions dont get stuck in a flame war over 1(not like that ever happens of course :D ) thanx

Edited by Guest
before i ask this question, i wanna make it clear that i am NOT ASKING FOR ONE... now with that said

no cd cracks, are they really illegal? can you guys give me a link or something that shows me why? thanx for clearing that one up :lol:

if you own the game it isn't illegal if you have a copy and don't own a game, it illegal as far as i know

technically, I believe a cd crack might be considered illegal under the DMCA since it prohibits the circumvention of copy protection. This came up in the DECSS case when linux users wanted to watch DVDs.. they had to reverse engineer the dvd encryption process so they could decrypt... this was circumvention.. even though they may have purchased the DVD.. they were circumventing copy protection. DMCA (god love it) makes this illegal in the USA. Don't ask me about other locales.

http://www.anti-dmca.org/

So.. just cause you purchased the box with a plastic cd that you stick in a computer to run a game... this does not mean you actually own the code and can modify it to circumvent copy protection. You just have a license to use it. Anyway, it don't matter, Rock* isn't going to sue you for using noCD crack.. I don't think. maybe.. They'd just sue whoever wrote the patch.

elix0r0r0r

you can't sue the person who uses it you have to sue the person who made it, its like that with bootleg movies, well at least in canada it is, don't fuck with me because im candian, and no we don't say eh and no doubt aboot it and shit like that, that shit was make from a show some people made in the 70's

1. That is dropped packets, happens rarely, you client thinks u killed him so he drops the weapons, then it catches up and finds he isnt dead, so there he is behind you. but hey, free weapons!

2. Yes, they are illegal

3. Wait and see

4. It is more to do with the limitations of the game engine than simply 'allowing' more players

5. this doesnt appear to be a question

1. That's lag/warping... you have to aim a bit ahead of where the person is going to actually hit them. Shooting from the ground is an animation problem... your GTA:VC sees him on the ground, but on his GTA:VC he's standing up shooting at you.

2. Not really sure... depends on who you ask :P

3. no clue, since SOMEONE won't give me the beta :P j/k

4. no comment

5. Probably both... I'm not sure how compression works exactly, but both server and client would have to be compressing/decompressing the data.

I like chicken a lot! i ate it like yesterday it's just good.... he's right about us dieing of starvation! Without chicken life would be pointless! Everybody would die! Help! Poor chickens though...

What the FU*k!!!???!? IS HE JUST SHI**ING AROUND???? WHY THE HE*L WOULD SOMEONE THINK SOMETHING SO FUC*ED UP LIKE THIS??

What i mean is, let's get back on the topic

LOL!!!

No, i didnt wanna start a conspiracy dude.... heh heh.... i just thought id say that since we answered all his questions

Youd be suprised how much boredom can do to your mind!!

From saying stupid posts

to other stuff lol

You can get back to the subject heh