MTA:SA 1.1 Voice Beta Test 14/08/11

20rlb8x.png

Due to the fact that voice branch was finally merged to trunk today (meaning: we have push-to-talk voice support in 1.1), we are going to host a small (~32 player) beta test TODAY @ 21:00 UK Time (Google: "Time in london")

Note: In order to participate this test, You Must have a microphone and Must use it. Text chat will only be accessible using the 'say' command in the console!

Join #mta-pubtest @ irc.gtanet.com for build & server related information. This Topic can be used for posting crash dumps and bugs.

Edit: The test is now over! Thank you for testing! We found alot of bugs and are currently working on them, however it is still uncertain whether voice will actually make it to 1.1 or not, anyway we hope everyone had a good time, at least we did! 8)

Edited by Guest

I enabled voice chat in mtaserver.conf, 1 I added it myself, and in mtaserver.exe

Voice Chat: Quality [4]; Simple Rate: [16000kHz]

And ingame when I press z, my name doesn't appear @ bottom right, nothing happens.

And in my console: Server Voice Chat Quality [4]; Sample Rate: [16000kHz]; Bitrate [42200bps]

I did not have any trouble with the voice function, just connected in and started hearing everyone.

Suggestion: Function to mute someone || Function to make team-only voice chats || Functions to make voice chat admin only (like for announcements)