Speedometer for MTA/GTAT and Single Player

DracoBlue

u could use the speedometer to see how much u slow down taking a corner in different ways? then if any race modes are implemented u mite be able to use it to get quicker?

i dunno, but i think its nice to be able to see how fast your going, i've always wondered how fast the heli's are compared to the cars

I will make a update when MTA 0.2 is out!

No Problem really!

Cya, Draocblue

Sorry, DracoBlue! I think, Blokker wants to destroy GtaT. He hates alternative projects. That's it. But... Why don't you join MTA? That would be cool... Or just co-operate. Blokker i don't know why do you hate him. :?

The speedo mod i used to use in gta3 (long before mta) didnt stay on my pc for long, why? because it destroyed any semblance of reality when it came to driving the cars, the acceleration indicated by it was ENORMOUS, not at all realistic, having large speedo letters in the corner just showed this to be a joke.

Iggy, there is no question of us deliberately blocking harmless mods, the fact is that many will be caught by the file checks and the anti cheat methods we have in 0.2 and beyond. It also does not sound promising with the reports of people experiencing severe increases in game crashes when running dracos speedo.

There is also the factor that mta have a strict no mods policy, this is to prevent people from using a mod that they may feel is totally harmless but will in fact destablise the game and/or give them an unfair advantage, so it is rather disappointing to see draco post this when it gos against that policy.

So i would recommend it wholeheartedly for use in single player, especially if you are curious in regards to what speed each vehicle can reach, and what speed it can take a corner etc, but please think twice about attempting to use it with mta.

Darn MrBump is right it might (and probably will) be useless in mta vc 0.2 and further, and as he said some people experiencced more crashes then normaly, but then iff this wont be able to work on furture version , could the MTA team maybe make one themselfs?And I know some people might say whats the use to it ,and it will only take space on the screen etctec, but then make it optional, for example you press + key to show it and + key to not show it.Would that be possible ?

I don't quite understand how this can affect mta, unless theres something wrong with the computer hardware its run on.

As far as i can tell, it works like mta, except for it doesn't change any files, all it does is detect the speed of the current vechicle, then display it onscreen?, if you don't like it don't use it, if you like it use it? sounds simple enough to me, and if you find when using it with mta, it crashes, don't use it, if you find it doesn't, then use as you wish...

I can see how an anti cheat program will block the speedometer, but i think you should be allowed to use it anyway, as it doesn't alter any game files, doesn't change the game, just displays data what usually isn't visiable

I can see how an anti cheat program will block the speedometer, but i think you should be allowed to use it anyway, as it doesn't alter any game files, doesn't change the game, just displays data what usually isn't visiable

ya, but allowing it to run would open up a new way to get trainers going... Since there'd be a small vulnerability.

• 2 weeks later...