Liberty City Map

Hey.

Last night I got a nice idea.

I think you know "LC2SA". It would be nice, when my Reallife-Server play on this Map.

Everybody, who likes to play on a new map will download the script. I'm sure ;)

BUT:

Can I replace the gta3.img ir IDE's, and IPL's???!!!

I dont know :S

Thank you for help :)

You can't replace a client's gta3.img or their IDE/IPL files. What you are suggesting would require you to have all model files downloaded by the client, and Lua scripts to replace existing map objects with your Liberty City ones. Indeed, hundreds of MB's as Ecoxp noted.

Additionally, as Kayl and I (and a handful of others) have discovered, it is simply not possible to replace that many objects in MTA without experiencing problems such as missing textures. I suspect either a stream memory fix and/or improved object replacement support would be necessary to be able to replace enough objects to create a new city like Liberty City or Vice City.

I once have imported LC into MTA and it was like 200 MB, not 800. However, MTA couldn't load all parts of city at the same time.

Anyway, I think there is a way to prevent players from having to wait for the files to download when they join the server. Client-side part of the resource can be uploaded somewhere on the internet, so players could download and put it into resources when not playing MTA.