SAES IS DOWN!!!

ridingslow

Question

19 answers to this question

A hacker is hacking popular MTA servers, I don't even know why.

My server got popular this day, and it's is totally protected, DKR is totally protected too as I've heard... that hacker I think is a SA-MP player / devoleper that is trying to take MTA players back to SA-MP (I think, I'm not sure).

SAES will go back here tomorrow or in some days if I'm not wrong, but sadly, a thing that I can confirm is the MTA Team has nothing to do with this.

as far as I know none of them got "hacked". this was posted by on the CIT website:

CIT was down for 2 days because of a DDOS attack on us and then we got double owned by the operating system failing to boot but we've reinstalled and most things are back to normal but we're still working on getting everything to how it used to be.

I spoke to zZenom from SAES and he told me they were also being ddosed. I heard Valhallah went down aswell but I am unsure if that's related to the problem here.

Probably not, most of SA-MP servers are Roleplay gamemode (they're nice roleplays).

Just when appeared bests MTA roleplay servers I think SA-MP's owner (or SA-MP team owner) wasn't glad of it, now Multi Theft Auto is getting a higher player count than never, I believe a SA-MP player can be hacking us.

Talking about player count and cool servers, I just want to give some congratulations to CIT and DKR, they've cool staff, good admins & good team, so I think they deserve all those players ¡¡keep the good work CIT and DKR Teams!! :).

We have our suspicions on the identity of the person perpetrating the attacks, but I don't think it's wise not to make any public accusations at this stage without proof. As backward as SA-MP is, I'm not sure I'd be so ready to jump to the conclusion that members of their community would perform such widespread illegal activities for the sake of turning away a few players from MTA.

It seems more likely to be caused by an aggrieved individual who has a history of attacking the popular MTA server(s) purely for the hell of it - something we have been subjected to on numerous occasions in the past.

That was another DDoS attack. But we still wonder who to blame. Would it be a SA-MP player doing a top secret mission to hack popular MTA SA servers? Or would it be an unknown hacker?

It was unfortunate to see servers being hacked.

One thing they must do is to backup their resources, so when they reinstall and turn on the new server, they can still have their good resources.

We hope that there is a solution to DoS and DDoS attacks.

So look at some of these topics: http://www.esecurityplanet.com/features ... ttacks.htm

Or look for "Preventing DoS / DDoS attacks" in Google

As Arran says, this isn't an MTA issue, it's an external attack on the servers hosting the busy servers in MTA.

There isn't much that can be done about it, in our case at SAES, as soon as the attack happens our host just blocks all internal and external traffic, nothing is damaged, but we can't play.

It's an individual, and i would love it if he wanted to talk to me and explain himself, but thats unlikely, so we just wait until he gets bored/grows up/mum finds out, whenever that may be.

We have a twitter feed that claims to be him, who knows if it is, i don't use twitter so i'm not sure how people know it is him.

If he reads this forums, he is always welcome to message me here or at www.vces.net, perhaps explain why hes doing it and what he wants.

Anyway, sorry for downtime, we wont be going anywhere long term and have plans in mind to avoid this in the future, at minimal extra cost.

The hacker may be a player with a non-popular MTA server, he would be trying to get popular but he can't so he would be trying to hack popular servers (I say this because there was a guy sending bad stuff to CIT's twitter, we know that CIT got attacked too).

EDIT: By the way, Remi-x, I was talking about MTA clients, the executable file & his files, it has nothing to do with the DDOS attack so that means Lua functions can't do anything.